Google India Code Jam

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Feb 9, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Google is holding a specific contest for Indian programmers...

Google India on Wednesday announced the launch of the Google India Code Jam 2005, a computer programming competition with a Rs 3,00,000 ($6,900) first prize, to find the best programming talent from India and South Asia.

The Google India Code Jam is an extension of Google's annual Code Jam competition and celebrates the art of computer science, demonstrating to software professionals everywhere the value Google places on excellent coding.

In addition to rewarding the top programmers in the region, Google India also hopes that the competition will provide further opportunities to attract strong technical talent to the new Google R&D centre in Bangalore, which opened in early 2004.

For futher info please visit: https://www.topcoder.com/pl/?&module=Static&d1=gicj05&d2=overview

For the winner: https://www.google.com/jobs/sw-bangalore.html

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

wow , thats really great to boost up the indian programmers ... really awesome ...

anyone from IGTs participating ,... ??

3. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

That's a gr8 news neo.

4. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I already registered...but it seems too tough...did ya look at the specs man? :(
    i can get thru qualifying rounds... but seems pretty hardcore coding is required to get into top 50...

5. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Top 50 from the whole of India will be really tough. But Google is gonna get the best programmers.

6. tejas

tejas ..........

I suck at computers. They'd probably throw me out if I registered. Anyway, All the best to LOE. Hope u do well.

7. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i'm going in .. .lets see what happens .. ..

8. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Thanx...i'll try my best...i don't expect to win tho.

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i will pass. I hate work.

10. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

niceeeee post neo :)

11. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

all the best light_of_erindi and abhay , good luck :beer:

make us proud ...