Google coming out with a new web based Operating Sytem

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vivo_b, Aug 31, 2005.

1. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

So has anyone else heard rumors about Google coming out with a new web-based OS??? That'll be sweet......

https://www.kottke.org/04/04/google-operating-system

Word on the net is that it's gonna be a server-side OS......meaning users log onto the server and run apps there!!!! It'll be crazy.....I think what google might end up doing is running it like a subscription service with free high-speed internet.
    Also, the google-browser(apparently in process also), based on Mozilla will not only serve as a Browser but eventually will be the portal to the OS.

If anyone has any more news/rumors about this post here!!!!!

2. shak

shak Harrr!

i like the way he said @ a single very large, custom computer@ ...ROFL so amateur

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

GooOS...wow..;)...Now google is gonna take over the market..;)..save microsoft...:annoyed:
    I love windows..;)..AM luking forward to WIN VISTA more than the gooOS..*whateva*

Addy Pant likes this.
  4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

that is one heck of a stupid idea by google ... if they are realy serious ...

it is always the best to let the users have their own systems ...
    i have worked on dumb terminals on AIX network (for uninitiated AIX is IBM version of Unix) ...
    it was pain in the ass ... working .. .and remember i was on 100 Mbps LAN ...
    fcukin Internet speed will be pricky 1 Mbps MAX (not possible in India though) ...
    what do u expect ? ... how will your comp run?
    that too since u dont have OS on your comp ... u are a slave ...
    i for once would say this is absurd idea ...

if u like dumb terminals ... it is better to give control of server to your company's sys ad than to a 3rd party like google ...

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

It'll require a high speed broadband and unlimited bandwidth! This is a crazy idea!

6. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Crazy it is, but if implemented in a right way, can work wonders for sure, think about not storing n installing all the softwares on yr own system. All the things that u wanna use wud be already available on the remote OS. True it would need high speed n it seems really far fetched,........................................ but hey who expected a mini-messenger with just 900kb setup untill it was released?

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^ it is truly mini ... very basic and stripped down ...

i remember using ytalk in unix ... that was much better ... and i guess under 100 KB in size (ahh well i dunno really - everything comes along with Unixes) ...

8. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

The GooOS idea is still tooo rough n vague to comment actually.

I like google talk for the voice clarity though!

9. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

until i get a T1 line at ma home....i'm sticking to XP/Linux......:)

10. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Need a high speed T1/T2/T3 line...