Good Tube Amp For Around 8k?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by princu, Oct 3, 2010.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Thanks to Gamebore for pointing it out. We all shud keep our eyes and ears open and shudn't blindly believe in anythin that come across.

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Two things in my mind.
    How much more headroom will the Cub 12R have? :-? Can't wait to try one out!
    (probably not much difference, though)
    The other was asking Ansar how much it'd cost to get a 12-15 watter built, but I guess it's more sensible to just buy the Solution 18 :RollLol:

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

What?

(I said something similar about clean headroom in my previous post - just filling up the character requirement here)

4. flood

flood New Member

eh. wtf are all of you going on about? why are you comparing the brat+ to the cub 10?

the cub 10 uses TWO output tubes in PUSH PULL CLASS A/B. the brat uses ONE output tube in SINGLE ENDED CLASS A. you can't compare the two amps electrically or tonally! apples and watermelons!

there will not be a significant difference in headroom or output between the cub 10 and cub 12!

and finally, there are decently good quality clips of both amps up on the net - so listen and compare instead of stretching a hypothesis to the point of snapping it!

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I think u said bout cub12R which is yet to arrive in India... Correct me if i'm wrong.

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Why not?

Still don't see your point. We can definitely compare the amps tonally. Just like people ask whether Class A style amp would sound better than Class A/B for what they want to play.

No one said there would. I only brought up the Cub12 because it's pricing might be closer to the Brat+. And both will have more headroom than the Brat+.

My question is aimed at this post of yours:
    What is that supposed to mean?

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

It was aimed at BE3 Brat+ and considering it to be one of the best amp available for that price.. Without actually been played by any of us...

8. wylder

wylder Member

Dude, if you getting a tube amp, wait till you have more cash and invest in a decent 15 to 30W amp. A 10W amp is good only for solo practice. It will not give you good cleans even if mic'd on stage (unless you play in a really quiet band)...

Also for on stage use you may need an amp which has at least 2 channels. Single channel is okay for blues players. But to get cleans and drive on the same channel is difficult.

I currently use a Laney LC 15. Great amp, beautiful clean tone. Has awesome break-up tones when cranked. But for gigs, I get my drive from distortion boxes. Wish I had saved up for the 2 channel LC/VC 30.

9. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

+1, if only someone would man up/grow a pair/get a clue and understand that.

10. flood

flood New Member

or just go out to the next music store that has one in stock, play it and figure out whether it suits your needs. end of thread.

let's be clear here that EVERYONE on this thread - myself included - is simply making guesses on the basis of their experiences with other amps. or copypasta they read off the net.

it's quite brainless to keep asking hypothetical questions about amps that nobody here has spent enough time with and knows jackshit about. why don't you head over to other forums? from the fender forums to TGP and HC, everyone has a thread dedicated to the cubs. if you want to know more about the brat it's simply a question of calling ansar, asking him if he could put you through with someone who has bought the brat so you could get in touch with them directly and asking them how they feel about the amp.

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

^agreed to every bit of it.