good speakers?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by monika9, Jan 29, 2013.

1. monika9

monika9 New Member

hi
    i need advice on buying nice speakers for my PC. had been using creative's spekakers till now. want something better. please suggest some options that i can go for. Also , is there any shop in delhi where i can get to see a wide range of speakers on display? price range- upto 8k

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Audioengine A2
    But I am not sure where will you get those ...
    They used to be listed in a lot of indian websites like Bajaao etc.

You may also look at ANY studio monitor (Yamaha, MAudio, Samson etc) available for low price.
    They will sound thousand times better than any multimedia speakers - unfortunately you may have to stretch the budget a little bit for these.
    Buy Speakers/Monitors Online | Speakers/Monitors Prices in India | Saptaswara Chennai, India

There are a few Swans speakers too at the price range - but their Indian distributor site appears to be down.
    (HiFiNage is Under Maintenance)

Look beyond Logitechs and Creatives ...

3. monika9

monika9 New Member

thank you so much for the reply
    studio monitors are going quite beyond my budget :(
    any idea how is edifier C3? m planning to get it. it is available here for 7.5k. Edifier C3 - Edifier: Flipkart.com

4. Chirag Desai

Chirag Desai New Member

5. Chirag Desai

Chirag Desai New Member

6. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey Monika, if your PC isn't too far from your Home Stereo set, why don't you connect it to your audioset.
    Otherwise, try to get an amplifier with speakers and connect it to your PC. The sound will be better than most of any pc speakers!

7. monika9

monika9 New Member

@chirag desai- thanx for d reply. actually i have a special requirement.I need bass control function in the speaker system. i attend international lectures online and they sound better when the bass is turned off.JBL jembe is not having that. Last week went to JBL studio to buy JBL crreature. sound quality was pretty good but volume was very low :( so dropped the plan of buying it.

@keoraf- home stereo is not in my room :( .can you please elaborate a bit on 'amplifier with speakers' ?(sorry m not too techy type) i have an amp that i bought with my semi accoustic guitar but have not used it ever. will that work?

with some research that i did online , i found these 3 suitable for me. if you have any idea about them , please do lemme know(sound clarity is a major requirement)-
    edifier C3 Edifier C3 - Edifier: Flipkart.com
    sony D9 SRS Sony SRS-D9 2.1 Multimedia Speakers - Sony: Flipkart.com
    creatiive gigaworks T20 series2 Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II 2 Desktop Speakers - Creative: Flipkart.com

8. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I meant a Stereo amplifier along with stereo speakers.
    You can get a stereo amplifier from any second hand store i guess, along with some speakers aswell. Then you just have to hook up your line out (or headphone connection) of your computer to the line in (or aux) of your amp!
    The amp you bought for your guitar is not suitable i guess, because they are usually mono, but i'm not sure, maybe some guitarist can tell you more about that issue!
    Good luck!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You can always use the media player / PC equalizer to turn off the bass frequencies ...

10. suha52

suha52 New Member

yeah i agreee

11. Haifa582

Haifa582 New Member

the best computer speaker in the world is the logitech z-5500 digital. it's a THX certified speaker with 5.1 channel surround sound. this is my dream speaker and if i buy it i want to put it up with a creative soundblaster titanium sound card.

12. mohitsharma7952

mohitsharma7952 New Member

I think you must try F&D speakers. The beat and music is pretty much nice.