Good models of ESP Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

If you think the false stew mac bill lawrence pickups sound good, you have no idea how different and better the REAL ones sound.

2. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Esp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

nope it aint false. I had the very same doubt and the guy assured me that those pickups are ORIGINAL bill lawrence.

4. Mr. Scary

does it saw stew mac at the back?

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey the story kinda goes like this
    William Lorentz Stich and Jzchak Wajcman formed this company making Bill Lawrence pickups. William Lorentz Stich is the actual designer of those pickups. They ran into issues and Wajcman won the case and is the owner of the name Bill Lawrence pickups and he sells till date as Bill Lawrence USA pickups. These are the same that are sold at Stewart McDonald. These are ones used by Dimebag Darrell, Nuno Bettencourt, Brad Withford, etc... William Lorentz Stich anglisized his name to Bill Lawrence and continues to make Bill Lawrence pickups. Each one calls the other one fake. Leagally the ownership is with Wajcman who runs www.billlawrenceusa.com and original designer runs the company as www.billlawrence.com. First one has the original technology that made the pickups famous and the second one is by the designer who was also primarily responsible for the success of their original pickups. Both pickups are equally good. If you are driven by artists like Dimebag, Nuno, etc.. using it, then it's the same sold at Stewart McDonald and the one sold by www.billlawrenceusa.com.
    Both pickups are good but dont get into their legal complications. You just want good pickups not their legal hassles.
    My friend is the only Indian Distributor for Bill Lawrence Usa pickups and he sells it almost the cheapest price available in the world cheaper than what you'd get it at the US. By the way it's Original and straight from the company. He just keeps very low margins expecting volume sales. PM me and I will give you his contact details and you can take it further with him.

6. Mr. Scary

DUDE!! NO THEY ARE NOT!! I HAPPEN TO OWN the XL and L l-500s from BOTH COMPANIES!!! To tell you the truth, the ones from Bill Lawrence USA are CRAP! They even sell their pickups for higher prices than Bill Lawrences (stitch) does. Its an insult to say that Stitch's products are as good as Wacjman's. I dont buy a word your saying since you have not even tried the other company's where as i own products from both.

-Bill Lawrence USA has the CRAPPIEST customer service in the world...right next to Fender's. I bought an L-500XL from them and i had numerous problems with it upon installing it and to tell u the truth they pretty much didnt care.
    -Bill Lawrence USA sounds like crap, ive owned their pickups and i hated them.

Bill Lawrence (Stitch) has th best/friendliest customer service ever. They still keep in touch with me and made sure that what i bought WORKED and if i was satisfied.
    THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE in tone when comparing the pickups. The ones from stitch sounded more brighter, the harmonics were kick ass and overall i got a MUCH better tone. Because it was Christmas, they even gave me a free Q-filter which gives me a larger tone range.

If you find Bill Lawrence USA "amazing", your head will explode when you try out the REAL thing.

7. ronnieanand

Hey Scary,
    You might have received a defective piece. I have played on L500 from Bill Lawrence USA and it's kick ass. The sound is very balanced and tight. The best thing is it's very responsive to the picking. The harmonics were really good. I checked this on an Ibanez RG and this was the only RG that sounded good to me.

8. Mr. Scary

Truth be told, what i didnt add is after 2 months with arguing with Bill Lawrence USA's customer service, i finally got a working pickup. It still doesnt compare to Stitch's version. Just try one of them out.

9. sethlover

sethlover New Member

Mr Scary what you probably dont realize is that tone is an individual thing and everybody has different set of ears, what may mean good to one may as hell be like crap to someone else, this being said i have tried both pickups too and i dont criticize Willi Stich's 'innovation' but i sure liked the ORIGINAL Bill Lawrence pickups better, the SAME pickup that created the sound of Nuno Bettencourt and Dimebag Darrel and Bill Lawrence USA are the ONLY people who have ALWAYS been making pickups for Washburn ever from the start till date. Willi Stich and his young wife 'becky' and their homebound business and time of making pickups could NEVER EVER possibly even think of catering to Washburn's production scale, Willi Stich's pickups are nice but his way of getting in the way of a respectable company -the rightful owner of the Bill Lawrence trade name isnt. If people find Nuno's sound good they're hearing a L500XL made by BILL LAWRENCE USA owned by Jzchak Wajcman - period. So Willi Stich should probably market his pickups in a different name and he would probably even be successful which judging by previous ones he started seems unlikely which is why he chose this route, AND his 1996 registered trade name Bill Lawrence is in the process of being cancelled by the USPTO, anyone else with these inhibitions go see the case lodged in the USPTO website. And yeah you call it bad customer support, well i got a second pickup sent to me free of cost because the one i paid for dint get here. So before you start launching your private views do some homework and accustom yourself with facts...

10. Mr. Scary

Don't even give me that. You'd know that it’s even Stitch that made the L-500XXL (not available to the public) for Dime's guitars. Wacjman is the guy who is selling his cheap pickups to Washburn so they can install them in their guitars. Now like some hard ass you'll ask "hur hur hur if Stitch's pickups are so good, how come HE doesn’t sell his products to Washburn. Willi just cannot do it, he even said once that he does not have the equipment and man power to produce thousands of pickups on a daily basis. He owns a family business not a mass producer so he cannot mass produce thousands oh his products for one of the leading guitar companies - Washburn... well not anymore, I guess its Dean who requires the XL seires for their Dime reissues

Personally I don’t give a flying **** over the legal **** that’s going on between the two companies. You Wacjman drones all have your own story. If you prefer to settle with mediocre sounding pickups, I don’t give forty two ****s...that’s just you. I never said it’s a hard fact that Stitch's pickups sound better, it’s my opinion, I'm not going to be some hard ass that is going to Brainwash you to boycott Bill Lawrence USA. Whether you choose to continue using Bill Lawrence USA pickups is your deal. The topic regarding Bill Lawrence pickups came up and I gave my views.

Also, don’t bring up that lame argument where you’ll state “ur…if he uses it, it MUST be good!” Dime uses Willi’s and Becky’s pickups in his live/stage guitars, but then again I don’t give a **** because I don’t even like Dimebag. If the pickup suits you, that’s fine, if its cause some one else uses it…that’s lame. The last thing I’d want to be to sound like some other guitarist.

You just go ahead and use something because someonelse uses it to. That being said one can easily tell the difference between someone who just wants to be a guitarist, and another who wants to be a musician.

11. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

haha i like this thread - very entertaining - mr scary - u should sing new metal - id like your lyrics!!!

12. sethlover

sethlover New Member

There was not one shred of sense in that stupid post frm scarface so really dont care enough to respond, I posted my 2 cents to the issue and its for you guys to take it or not :)

13. Mr. Scary

go shove ur face right into wajcman's pee place you dic* chigging sperm guzzler.

14. Mr. Scary

if you love ur god damn pickups so much, you can goulge out your own eyes and skull **** your self with them

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

scary,chill out dude. Its just a pickup!!!!Dont get so heated up.

16. ronnieanand

Hey Scary,
    Cool it. Dont get heated up on this. You like Bill Lawrence and somebody likes Bill Lawrence USA. Some dont like both these pickups. So chill out. The topic is not worth such a heated discussion.

17. Mr. Scary

you're right, i apologize. everyone's got their own taste no matter how bad the other's may be.