Good models of ESP Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Feb 24, 2005.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

can any one tell me about some good models of ESP
    and some speciality of ESP guitars
    also tell me about F50 and its series
    and last but not least wht r Dimarzios and their speaciality / quality ??
    Thanx
    Bye

2. shak

shak Harrr!

MR SCARY!!! where aaaare uuuuuuuuuu?...LOL! ...

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..esp's own mascot Mr Scary

4. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

imo all the new line-up guitars for 2004/2005 suck! All the economy priced guitars have an agathis body. Let the model NUMBERS be your guide...anything at 300 and over is considered good. for example an LTD MH50 is made of agathis and has a bolt on neck, where as the MH 400 has a mahoghany body, EMG 81 pickups, a flame maple top and even a set-through neck. You can obviously tell which is the higher end guitar.

The F50 <--keep in mind anything at 300 and over is a good quality guitar. Its a low end guitar. infact you cant get any lower than 50's.

Try looking for discontinued models, you wont find them on Music 123 or any other online store since now all that they have are either the VERY cheap and VERY expensive. Where as if you live in the states/ canada/ uk its pretty easy to find these models at guitar stores. Since they are discontinued, their prices have gone down too..on most that is...some have gone higher because they kick so much ass!

Try searching your local store/internet dealers that offer these/ or even ebay for models such as:

MH 300
    MH 301
    M 300
    M 202 BB

note those are all floyd rose type guitars. Anyway, keep the number thing in mind and hope you find what you're looking for. Trust me, if you can find the model you want in the 300 and above models...you wont ever regret buying one.

5. Mr. Scary

Dimarzios...only the best pickups ever made.

6. Mr. Scary

btw whats your price range?

7. shak

shak Harrr!

that 300 number thing is really good... i neva noticed that!!
    good going scary i knew u were the right person ......

8. Mr. Scary

i was told gibson does something like that with their serial numbers. you know anything about that?

9. shak

shak Harrr!

ummm ... not really. .... but i know that you can determine the age of the LP's using serial numbers ... but it is pretty obvious isnt it .... :(

10. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

about dimarzios - theyre by far the best pickups in the world - never doubt a picup that says dimarzio on it - especially the evos - undoubtedly the best pcikups- even emg actives are very very nice pickups.... thats the good thing about esps

11. Mr. Scary

i prefer the X2N, the FRED, the Steve's Special and the Air Norton over evos anytime.
    as for pure metal, i find the X2N more versatile than EMGs.

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

The only thing annoying about an active pickup is having it die when your jamming with friends or God forbid while you're gigging. Besides I absolutely despise having to remove the strings off my guitar and doing that once every 3 months is absolutely unacceptable to me.

Passive pickups all the way and yes DiMarzios OWN!

13. Mr. Scary

actually i have EMGs in my Hamer V (not really mine, just been in my house for a long time) and you dont have to change the 9 volt battery very often. If constantly on, it can last up till 3000 hours according to the manual. And usually when installed, or if the guitar comes with active EMGs in it, a cavity must be carved out at the back of the guitar. So when changing batteries, you don't have to remove your strings.

EMGs are great for metal, theyre damn loud and thick as hell! Only thing is i find them too harsh. I just got my pickups this morning, a new X2N and FRED, and i tried these pickups before on my friends jackson...they KICK ASS. The X2N sounds simmilar to an EMG but is much more versatile and also has split coil options.

14. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

im sorry but i still think the dimarzio evos are by far among the est pickups in the world - they can really deliver kickass sound!!! - theyd be awesome on an esp - i dunno too much at the x2n and all....

15. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I love the dimarzio tonezone. Brilliant tone! Tight bass and high mid. Heaven!

Heard bill lawrence pickups are really good.
    Dimebag used to use the bill lawrence L500XL , supposedly the best metal pickup ever made(passive). WIll check it out sometime

16. Mr. Scary

I have the Bill Lawrence L-500L/L500XL set up in my ibanez rg. Its actually very good, and rich in harmonics and awesome for playing metal. Its reccomended to have those babies in a guitar with a mahoghany body for a real nice thick tone.

17. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

whats so good about dimarzios ???
    i mean their tone range or quality ??
    does PRS uses dimarzios i think PRS has a great tone range
    and about ESP ..... my range would be $200 - $250
    funds are acceptable :p

18. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

and whats trhe defect about F50 and its series ....
    coz i want to have some cheap but very good healthy full of enjoyment and easiness , guitar

19. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

There's a distributer in Bangalore for Bill Lawrence pickups. You can get pickups now at a price cheaper than it's in the US. Get your Bill Lawrence pick ups here. Awesome tone. PM me and I will give you tthe contact details of the distributor.

20. Mr. Scary

No, If you are purchasing Bill Lawrence pickups from a distributor called STEW MAC (look at the back of your box) those pickups are fake. The real ones have to be ordered directly from www.billlawrence.com