Good Jamming songs

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by lord_neo, May 13, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

What songs do you like to start up when you get together with other fellow guitarists?

2. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

For Whom the Bell Tolls.

3. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

how coincidental,
    v just played for whom..... last week
    easy guitaring but theres something to the song that gives a feeling of accomplishment when u pull it off
    easy drumming too

maybe paranoid would be a good idea too

born to be wild

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

A skull full of maggots by cannibal corpse. That is ofcourse if i have a seven string (which i dont). Otherwise something like Napalam death's scum will do :)

5. shak

shak Harrr!

^that would be jumpin right into the thick!!!

well its more about what sort of friends you are jamming with .. isnt it? i mean if there are girls invloved .. you cant go start playing exodus, cryptopsy, pantera etc ... you have to start off with the ballad .. just to get the attention ..
    hand on heart (vai), whispering a prayer (vai), always with you always with me (joe), el farol (carlos), glasgow kiss ... maybe .. (petrucci) .. etc .. are good starters in my opinion ..
    then a bit of metallica ... or greenday (again if girls are there) .. and if you are among desis .. then of course .. nothing beats a bit of jal, vital signs and junoon ... (need a good vocalist tho) ..
    to end it all .. there are loads of cool sngs ..but i prefer to do a couple of unplugged songs ...

6. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Helluva great song....

"Im not Okay"--(I promise) By My Chemical Romance

this one needs good guitarists AND good vocals...and with marriage between the two..YOU ARE GNNA GET ONE BITCHIN song!!

Just try it..
    ...And you'll never stop...

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Hindi punk :grin:

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^^ Does that exist? Didnt know that it did.

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Infact it depends on the exp of the ppl ...
    For beginers .. Paranoid , Breaking the Law is fine ...
    For better guys stuffs like Holy Diver , Halowed be Thy Name, Iron Man is good ...
    For much better guys Trooper , Four HorseMen ... etc will be great ...

10. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

any frndhsip song.. like purani jeans.. yaaaron.. wat is imp.. is wat type of songs ur frnds like..

11. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

umm...the easiest are BLIND , bell tolls , last resort and a few no.'s from LP

but the most enjoyable are Cowboys from hell , trooper , hallowed by thy name , and sum RATM !

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Oh yes...invented by Asmodeus....we do it during the mumbai meet

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

For me it's Paranoid always. Everybody knows the song, even if they dont, we can get the song up in 5 minutes and get into action soon. If everybody knew the song, then you could even start with Hangar 18 or Holy Wars but practically speaking Paranoid is the best. With all the bands and guitarists I have jammed with, this is the only song that worked out too.

Another thing is get a riff and a bass line and start improvisation. This is my favourite. This shows off how the other band members are. It would just be a simple riff line but a dumb bassy or a dumb drummer will repeat this all his life and the smart ones would know how to take it.

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey this is AGAINST ME !!!!!!!1 I know IT ...... I KNOW U HATE ME !!!!!!

15. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dood. What's gone wrong with you. This is how I audition people too.