Good guitar under 20K

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sandeep_, Dec 4, 2007.

1. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

no offence taken friend-just tht i really dont need a tremelo, and a floyd rose in that..
    any particular ESP model? < 20K (again, no tremelo will be good)

do u own any ESP? or have played any extensively?

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

I own 2 esps (not LTD) and im ashamed to say that the RG321 could kill the M100

3. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

point taken

4. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

5. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

What models ya got?

The M100 v.s the RG321? Agathis v.s Mahogany? Shitty guitar v.s decent guitar? What unfair competition is this? :)

6. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

7. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

@NoneSoVile : Can u take a look at this video https://youtube.com/watch?v=tDesAgyv6sM , where mr.greg bennett himself is describing in detail the design,construction and features of the Avion av6(he calls it as Avanti, but tht is changed to Avion now)..I think he makes a lot of sense there.

8. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

I've always been biased against Samick. Just totally despising the regular models , however I will admit the Greg Bennett models are built better and indeed do play better. Are they good mid-range guitars? I guess so, if you can play it and it sounds good, okay. Would it be near the top of a list of guitars I might invest in? No, not really.

Matter of preference really, I have a few friends who own and gig with Greg Bennett models and they seem to like it.

9. sidrock2004

sidrock2004 New Member

10. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

true, the earlier samick models werent tht good ,badly built..but i played the AV3 and it sounded really good..only issue with it was the action was not tht low(which i prefer) and it buzzed badly when the store boy tried reducung it.maybe the neck might have lost alignment due to bombays humid weather..and would need a luthier..not sure
    so neways i am waiting till the AV6 is in stock here and then compare it with and the ibanez RG321MH and then decide.

BTW which guitar(s) do you own?

11. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

sorry dude, but my budget is < 20K..and a "V" is not my taste!:)
    ithink you should as the guy with the "guitar under 30K" thread.i guess hes lookin for a RR3.

12. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

gear:

Ibanez RG 7620 (With Dimarzio Evolution 7s) 7 string

Ibanez RG 220B (with Bill Lawrence XL-500 and a L-500)

Ibanez RG 320B (Loaded with Dimarzio Evolutions)

Tune 6 String Bass (loaded with Bartolinis)

Hartke VX3500 Bass Guitar Combo Amp

Peavey 5150 (this one is back home, I'm using a neat little Roland Cube amp for now)

and a whole bunch of effects.

The headstock of my 7 string is shown in my avatar. This is the only picture I have of the full thing [​IMG] <----This one is an old pic, before I got the Evolution 7s installed, this one was taken by its previous owner (I got this off of ebay).

And I showed off my bass here:
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showpost.php?p=350613&postcount=393

13. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Am speechless..take a bow :) ..that bass looks a piece of art..beautiful!

14. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Thank you, it plays great too! Active electronics with a preamp on 18V charge so plenty of headroom and its always sounded just like I've wanted too...well the Hartke bass amp helps too.

15. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

well..i am a big john petrucci fan..so this may be biased ..look into the OLp JP sig ..dunno how much it retails for here ..but its around $350 and its got the best stock pickups in that range ..period..And it is very comfortable to play ..

16. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

^^^^Stay away from it. I played it at guitarcenter once, and it was a windows

17. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

@Life_Sans_Death:point taken. .do you stay in the US..can you help me get a guitar from there ? :)

18. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Am here now. But I will go back in Jan. I could get u a guitar, but that would cost a fee. lol.

Dude, I will come back next in fall again. My bro too needs a guitar. He is looking for an Ibanez S470. Even he can't wait and is thinking of importing one second hand

19. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I suggest you check out the AV6, RG321MH and Washburn Idol series. If they are available. I believe thehundrethone has a ***y one.

20. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Im thinknng of doing the 18v mod for my ESP. Think i could do it myself?