Good guitar shops in pune

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by akkyy21, May 4, 2005.

1. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Hey, ppl. I am from Pune, I have a Signature Spanish acoustic guitar. Well, kinda got bored of spanish so planning to sell this off and buy a nice box guitar, hopefully a Hobner with some nice light colour,...:).

OK,... so pls lemme know any good shops in pune, where i can sell ma ol' guit n get a new one too. Pls dont post any links pointing towards the posts already on this topic. I have already went thru them and they dont yeild nuthin.

Wat am expecting is shop names n addresses or Ph. numbers.

Any help would be appreciated. I was planning to go to that shop in clover center, but not a very good experience with the dude there. So plan cancel.

Anyways ,..ppl ,....do post.

2. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

No one from pune????? :-o

3. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Man,... is there seriously no one from pune,..????? :-o

4. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

check the earlier threads where shops of pune have been discussed .there may b no one frm pune currently,though i m also surprised.

5. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

None r mentioned in the earlier threads too. i know 2 of em,..but both of them r crappy. Need to know new one's. Heard abt this dude names Roger? Does anyone know him??? Would be gr8 to get his no.

6. Lahori_rocker

Lahori_rocker Guitar God left IGT

m not from pune

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Dude, this is like a year ago. Why did you feel the need to bump it again?

8. parshurampatki

parshurampatki New Member

Mehandale Music located in ABC (appa balvant chowk)

In camp in maniez building basement there is one guitar shop.

Noe sure though they purchases it or not.

9. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Dude,

There are only 2 proper guitar shops in Pune - Musical Mart at East street (opposite cafe coffee day) and Awaaz (Clover center Basement).. there are more like the ones in ABC chowk (mentioned above) and one in the basement of Leather lounge,.. but they stock mostly crappy pieces.

As for Roger, he is more of a teacher than seller (if its the Thacker House basement guy ur talking about) and no idea if he sells guitars too. I went to learn from him and left in two days cuz he teaches by musical notations only. I've seen him make guitars but no idea if he sells them or keeps it for his classes. He's a brilliant guitarist though.

If you need phone numbers you'd have to email me.. metamalicious@gmail.com .. as i have them stored in my contacts.

And try out a Granada before settling on a Hobner, you might like it. Cheers!

10. rohit

rohit New Member

mehendale abc
    navdikar tilak road (gb&a dealer in pune)
    mirajkar abc (hobner givsons)
    aawaz clover center

11. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

dude roger is juss a middleman but he gives deal @ good prices......
    1. the best shop i find in pune is AWAAZ(m.g road)...this guy is harsh to talk but offers the cheapest prices
    2. 'nother is musical mart.....hee loots
    3. Fast forward(intune/roger)......
    4. mahendale @ ABC CHOWK

cheapest deal is given by awaaz