Good Acoustic Guitar needed in bangalore

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sanjivdas, Mar 4, 2005.

1. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Hi All,

I am looking for a good acoustic guitar in the range of Rs. 5000 - 7000 for my friend. I have looked at a few GB&A guitars, and they are better than the Yamaha F310 that I have now, but I was wondering if there were any other options available. We cannot go for the Samicks or the Squiers in the stores as they are too expensive.

Please let me know if anyone has, or knows of someone who has, or knows where we can get a good guitar in our price range in Bangalore. Please do mail or call.

Thanks

Sanjiv
    das.sanjiv@dvs.co.in

2. jusmail

jusmail New Member

Call and find out if these shops have it!
    aruna Musicals: 26606163 93412 14105
    Veena Musicals: 26562078

3. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Thanks

Thanks, I called these people. Aruna Musicals has GB&A, and has quoted much less that Reynold's or the shops in Patrick Complex, or Premsons or Shiva Musicals too.

I'll look around a little more for some other brands, if not, I think we'll settle for GB&A.

Thanks again

Sanjiv

4. jusmail

jusmail New Member

You're welcome.

5. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

got one, at a little known but great place

Thanks a lot Jusmail, we picked up one from Aruna. The prices are lower than any other place, and the srevice is very personalised and excellent. It seems my friend, who the guitar is for, remembers her dad buying a veena from this shop when she was young. So there is some heritage and warmth in the store, unlike the cold commercial ones like Reynolds.

We picked up a very nice spruce topped J&D acoustic, with a good padded bag, an Ibanez MU 35 metronome tuner and a set of Fender light bronze strings and a couple of plecs, all within 5.8 K (with bill and warranty). I'm going there for all my future requirements. People in Bangalore, check the place out, its small, but its music, and it reminds me of music shops in Calcutta, if you know what I mean.