Good Acoustic guitar in Mumbai/Singapore/Delhi

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Chi, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

Im searching for a decent acoustic guitar, that has good sustain, tone. Ill be buyin frm either mumbai or singapore, or might be delhi. Open to buyin second hand.

Budget - atleast 10k. can extend.

Ive chked out bajaao, ther were sum fenders n a yamaha..but dun really kno abt them..ne reviews? nemore models available at furtados/bhargavas/other places?

Any shops you know in singapore or delhi?

Im an electric player..want to buy n acoustic to chill out with..

2. yazi

yazi Banned

Bro, theres a guitar called the S6 by a Canadian company Seagull. Costs $275. Its the best guitar under 20k. I bet my life on it.

https://www.seagullguitars.com/products6.htm

Though I doubt you would get it in Singapore even. But buy it, it competes with the lower end Martin's and Santa Cruz's(And thats saying something).

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

4. yazi

yazi Banned

Dealer Singapore:

Singapore
    Excel
    47 Tannery Lane No.02-05
    Elite Industrial Building II
    Singapore 347794
    Tél: 65-8411055
    Fax: 65-8416606

5. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

yazi dude, splendeferous! where did you find it? will furtados get me that guitar? mayb ill call them up.

btw, neone from singapore here? i remember there was one dude..esgallindeon..is he still around?

6. yazi

yazi Banned

i was in singapore for 6 months

7. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

cool, did you play these? how much are these there in sgd..i want to get something atleast that i want n wont get here..or if somethings cheaper..mayb pedals..

8. yazi

yazi Banned

Play one of the S6. I cudn't buy it because of luggage limit. Just go there and play. It would cost a max 15k INR. Dont remember the exact SGD price.

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I would not recommend Seagulls. Seagull is a Canadian company and their guitars do not adjust well to the humid / muggy weather of Bombay. You may encounter warped necks / fretboards.

10. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

hey, well im not in mumbai, i live in indore. still shud it be a prob?

11. yazi

yazi Banned

Man, isn't Indore dry or what! The temp is still a factor though. But I doubt you would get a more value for money guitar than that~

12. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

yea man indore is dry..but its quite hot n quite cold at times..my epiphone manages but that ws made here sumwher in asia...