going for an electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by khuram82, Aug 29, 2006.

1. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

playing acoustics now for 2 years and now i wanna move to electrics. so that i could play some leads which i think are easier to play on electric than electro acoustics.

i dont know anything about electric guitars 'technically'

suggest me some guitars or jus compare some of these brands against each other?

ibanez, yamaha, epiphone and fender ..........coz i'll buy one of them........budget around 250 GBP.......any suggestions?

2. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

depends a bit on what type of music u like to play
    also depends on whether the looks matter to you

3. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

like i said i'll jus practice few leads.......ummm im more into metal and bit of punk as well......not in to rock.........so what do u suggest?

4. Ibanezed

Ibanezed New Member

something like a fender telecaster should do the job ..however take others opinion as well ..

5. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Telecaster for Metal :S wtf........Get an Epiphone Les Paul Custom or Ibanez RG321(both hardtail bridges)...If you need an axe with a whammy better go for the RG350/370DX best bet in your price range.......IMHO better go for a fixed bridge first and learn the minute nuances of the electric and save yourself a lot of headache and time in Tuning up with a trem,Once u think ur good and need an upgrade, you can always go for a Jackson/ESP with great whammy's.-----TheDevil.

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Telecasters aer the best ****in guitars in the world!!! They pwn all others when it comes to metal!!! Have u heard Unforgiven 2? Hetfeld uses Tele's! Now tell me tele's arent for metal :mad: :mad: :mad:

Having said that, well hehe...Telecasters neednt always work for metal ;) ..

Hmm... try the Schecter Damien FR too. The RG321MH is an ok guitar.

7. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Hmmm get a Epiphone even though theyr costlier in UK......oh n u cud always go for teles as stated by DC above....just dunt say I dint warn u hehehe ;)

I havent listened to much of metallica other thn MOP,Black n Kill em All n certainly not RELOAD :p rofl

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

LOL... I was bein kinda sarcastic bout the Tele!!!!! ;)