going as well

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Oct 15, 2004.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

hey
    i joined this site a few days ago with the idea in mind to become a better guittarist. its an obsession you see which started when i was 9. i never had the chance to actually start learning until a few months back. i was making good progress....and well now i'm never gonna be able to play this magical instrumnet anymore. i had an accident and well a car just went over my left hand severing most of the nerves and causing irreparable damage to my wrist. well it was nice while it lasted......keep on rocking brothers.... :rock:
    well cya. i d love to say more but it is dang frustrating to type with one hand and i am a bit depressed. cheers. IGT rocks :rockon:
    da eternal psychopath(with a useless left hand)

2. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

oh man that sucks......i'm so sorry abt your loss.....what else can i say....

3. skaw

skaw snooze

wha !! .. holy !! this is so not fair !... i feel so dam sorry for you man .. shoot.. tht just sux...

i love your spirit!

4. tejas

tejas ..........

Oh my god. Thats bad. Reminds me of what happened to Dave Mustaine (but that was not a car accident). But hes back now and he still plays like a dream, i hope the same happens with you, and u get back to ur guitar soon. All the best!!

5. shit ..thats awful man.......dude the only thing i could suggest now is that after u get allrite if u can hold a pick with ur left hand ...y dont u go lefty...it will be frustratin but its better than not playin rite?

6. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

Aww dude! I am so sorry to hear that!

If you do come back to read this; please never give up hope. I am sure everyone here will pray for your wellbeing. I can completely relate to your anguish and I sincerely wish you keep trying, once you are in a position to.

All the best and get well soon! God be with you friend.

Raj

7. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Im sorry to hear that... I would like to repeat what raj just said, and i would like to add on that you must not give up hope... you never know what you can do or cannot do until you try... and if guitar is not an option open for you anymore, just rememebr that there are hundreds of other instruments out there which may not depend heavily on the use of your thumb...

8. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

sorry to hear that but don't lose faith try and find a way thats what Rick Allen did of Def Leppard when he lost his arm in a car crash but he found a way to keep on drumming even with one arm ! Hope you get better!

And if its only the thumb thats going to give you trouble pick up the bass guitar and play with your fingers instead

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

thanks

thanks all for replying to the post. i really appreciate the gesture. to all who asked me never to give up, i never will. after my hand heals, i'm going to try intensive physiotherapy, i heard it hurts like the devil, but i'm pretty sure it cant hurt as much as not being able to play the guitar does. if that doesnt work, i'll try going lefty, if that dont work, will take up the bass as rabi told me to. if that flops too :p well, then it was never meant to be. i'll be sure, however to encourage all around me to take up the guitar. that's least i can do, literally. well, then, cheers people......will check back from time to time to take a look at what i'm missing(fate....) Rock on :rockon:
    and yeah, IGT rules :rock:
    regards,
    da eternal psychopath.

10. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I hope you get to play again, good luck!

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

With your great positive attitude I'm confident that u will stage a full recovery.... :rockon: dude......

12. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey dude , sorry to hear your story buddy , i am sure you would be back ...

i think i am too late to reply here , i am sure by now you would be playing ONE - metallica :beer:

cheers buddy , dun loose hope , as nigerian says " we dey here at IGT " :)

13. pacificwaters

pacificwaters - .+:| Oriel |:+. -

hey dude,

just dont loose hope.

just try hard. i know its easy to write this, and only the person at the other end knows the trouble he is going through........

well if u r interested in guitaring try for being a bass guitarist.

so today as rabi is giving u rick allens example to strrive ahead, if u succeed the IGTians will quote u instead of Rick Allen.

so just dont loose hope, strtive hard so IGTians can quote you

may god help u!!