Glass Slide

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I am looking for a Dunlop Glass Slide. Had one but broke it last week. I have a steel slide but it sounds sterile. I am looking for a regular sized and medium wall.
    Any Bangaloreans willing to part or is there any store in Bangalore that sells glass slide.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

get a beer bottle ... cut off the neck .. smoothen the edges ... there you have good old vintage glass slide!!

3. ronnieanand

I had this thing in mind but didn't want to risk hurting my fingers. Easier way out was Jim Dunlop glass slide.

4. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

see if they have any medicine bottles anywhere in the city. some of them are made out of glass.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

oh yeah^ .. good idea ... or a glass test tube from chem-lab might do the trick as well

6. rabi_sultan

or you could use mum's plastic lipstick cover lol

7. shak

shak Harrr!

guilty!!! .... lol ...we all do that ^ once in our life dont we?...hehehehe

8. rabi_sultan

mine was plastic. the thing was scratched up SOOOO badly after 2 minutes of playing. funnier still was that it was so small that it was on my pinky right on the tip. Then i got the common sense to just go and buy one lol

9. ronnieanand

Long discussions but still no pointer to Glass Slides in Bangalore. Forget bottles and other stuffs. I'd take it if someone else does it for me :p: .

10. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

y dont u check out reynolds. and there is another shop at brigade road, dont know the name.

11. ronnieanand

Checked a few shops here including that Brigade one which is called Rhythm Musicals. Not available.

12. rabi_sultan

just buy a coke bottle, drink it and then do what shahrukh says.