Givson Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vkhandelwal, Jul 8, 2004.

1. vkhandelwal

vkhandelwal New Member

Well , everyone seems to hate givson guitar . but let me tell you they do make some good guitars. infact they have few models like lead 2 and 1000 which are very good in quality. meanwhile it is hard to find fender and gibson guitar in small cities.

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I can show you better Local guitars(Cheaper) better then Givson.. The only advantage Givson have is that they have two Manufacturing units.. Compared to the Hand made Hobner s and Signatures.. So the shops carry a lot of givson.. Which have a bad impact on people.. Something like what Microsoft do..

3. vkhandelwal

vkhandelwal New Member

two manufacturing units?? I thought they have only one in calcutta where is the other one?

4. jayanth

Tamil Nadu somewhere.. Near Salem..

5. dhim

dhim New Member

Microsoft is a company that probably makes the best software, and jayanth I

would request you to be a little careful before making statements on other

subjects

Regards,
    DHiM

6. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Cool Man...

Aisa kya likh diya?

Chill..

:beer:

7. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

I like my givson 1000 too, its just the feedback, otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. It makes a perfect beginner guitar.

8. jayanth

Just helping the poeple who are fooled by such Domination... If you dont want help forget it.. I wont even respond to posts..

9. dhim

dhim New Member

Jayanth,

If you find my posting a little rude. I am sorry.

But think of it why blame microsoft??? One always has an option to choose whether its guitar or software. Probably IGT was developed by a microsoft tool or probably is even host on a Microsoft Product [IIS / Windows]

Regards,
    DHiM

10. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Seems this thread is not for me...

Am a proud owner of Hobner!!!

Hobner Rulzzzzzzzzzzz..........

:rock:

11. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

LOL... I'm pretty damn sure this is a Linux host... otherwise it would be down most of the time. :p

12. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

Givson guitars are like the beginner's guitars.Most of the people use them in the earlier days of learning and then when they get to know that they are gonna play they buy good ones like signature etc.Well that's what i've seen.

13. jayanth

If it was not.. I would have brought it down.. Myth..

14. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

right.......

15. jayanth

he he.. Anyways domination in shops does not mean Givson are great.. cause we have more injuries than technique dev..

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

microsoft sux man...it alway hangs....whoever said microsoft is good shud check out wat tools company actually uses...as far as platform is concerned ....linux rox! no security holes in it...as far as microsoft is concerned....those dumb ppl realeased windows xp wid so many holes dat they had to upload a service pack to cover the holes...a**holes! lol...and after u download the service pack 2 ....you get more f##king problems....and many features in windows doesnt work...and then we have to take care of the customer's problem....(yeah, dat was my job....technical assistance)...no wonder i left it...

for givson, one of my pal who comes in our guitars classes has givson....f-cut model...it soundsok to me.

17. jayanth

THe Service Pack 2 took more space than the operating system it self.. Ha ha ha..

18. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

@fictional_real: oh boy am I gonna take you apart on that one. :p:

Let me begin..

I doubt you have used Windows XP or 2003 on ACPI compliant hardware. It is extremely stable. I have run a game server on a dedicated machine with no downtime for 9 months straight. I'm not saying Linux can't do the same but saying "it always hangs" is an uneducated anti-Microsoft bash.

And your point is? Just because Microsoft servers run on a Unix-based system does not reflect lack of confidence in their own server software. They're running on Unix servers since that's the way they've been running for many years. Ever heard the saying "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"? Besides, Apple runs their servers on Unix and not on their own server version of OS X. This once again does not reflect lack of confidence in their software.

As for saying Linux has no security holes, you've got a lot of cojones to make such a statement. If Linux has no security holes why is there any development going on? Why are there new kernel versions every 6 months? Why is there a community dedicated to alerting the Linux world to security flaws in Linux? I agree that Windows is flawed to a larger degree than Linux, but your "no security holes" comment is well, inaccurate at best.

Once again, what's your point? Every operating system (even linux) needs updates and patches. As I mentioned before Windows needs more than Linux does, but keep in mind that the NT core has been in development for just a little more than 15 years. Unix (which Linux is based on) on the other hand has nearly 40 years of development under its belt. So the NT core is fairly new. There are bound to be problems.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with customers facing problems after upgrading to Service Pack 2. I know of people who have faced problems after upgrading (all of them got their problems solved), but I know of A LOT MORE who have upgraded with no problems (myself included).

But for the most part, I believe that Service Pack 2 has shut the doors on its OS pretty well. The new Windows Firewall is a major improvement over the crappy ICF implemented in Service Pack 1. The patch-ups to Internet Explorer including the pop-up blocker are overdue to say the least (although it's of no use to me...I use Firefox). The improvements to Windows Update and the all-new Security Center are also quite good.

You must be joking. If memory serves, Windows XP requires approximately 1 gigabyte of hard disk space, whereas Service Pack 2 clocks in at a little more than 250 megabytes.

There are a lot of Microsoft bashers everywhere. I personally think Microsoft is a fantastic company, both in terms of strategy and marketing. Microsoft's position in a majority of the IT market is undeniably strong but the point I'm trying to drive home is that it's their never-say-die attitudes and fantastic corporate strategy are what got them there. They may be a monopoly and they may give the impression that they're trying to take over the world but the fact is that Microsoft needs to be admired for their amazing business models.

Sorry if this sounded like a rant. Not intended.

19. jayanth

1 GB?? For Solitaire?? LOL... Microsoft are bloody Thieves.. In Our Language , "LO***"s..
    Installation of service Pack 2 required 600 Mb free Space.. Windows Minimum Installation requires 500 Mb.. Ha ah aha...

My Linux requires just 300Mb for the core.. Its then upto you to install Unwanted stuff like Solitaire etc etc.. And Plaus it dont cost you 4500Rs.. or so.. Better usability.. Better Security, Better Memory and Resource Management..

Say What You May.. Microsoft SuXXXXX

20. jayanth

Going thru ur post.. I saw You mentioned Every Operating System requires Patches.. Never required one for my RHL9..

Also New Versions keep coming up because of better Resource management and features..

If So why did Microsoft Develop 95,98,2000,Me,2003,XP LongHORNY,etc etc??

The Biggest of the Security Holes in Linux will Be the Smallest In Microsoft's OS.. Also The Dedicated community is such a brilliant feature.. Its the kind of nature you have to have.. Not develop an OS Give IE6, Solitaire, FreeCell, Paint, etc etc, SUPPOSEDLY Free with it.. And Occupying Space, And of no use.. If Eveyrthing was free, Are we Paying 4500 just for the CD?? LOL..

Whereas in Linux(I can Proudly Say OUR OPERATING SYSTEMS) You can install just what you want.. Free Of Cost..