Givson G215

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by pete_chavelle, Jul 26, 2004.

1. pete_chavelle

pete_chavelle New Member

Hello

I have an acoustic Givson G215 that I brought from a friend a few years back. I am trying to find out more infromation on this guitar...can anyone help..see attached photo...

Pete
    England

Attached Files:

2. tejas

tejas ..........

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

What more info do you need??

4. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

hey pete so do you seem to like it??

5. jayanth

No dude.. Still the same GIVSON FOR ME..

6. pete_chavelle

pete_chavelle New Member

Yeah I like it, its got really nice action...extremely light weight, my only worry is damaging it...I'm trying to find out how old it is...

Judging by by others comments Givson isn't to highly thought of...what problems to people find with them?

Pete

7. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Their quality isn't very good compared to other brands, IO personally think they're ok for what they're priced at.

8. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Yeah, and for most indians it is the best guitar to start with... as only a minority of those who start learning guitar basics actually pursue it much further, givson doesnt cause a big drain to their money. I also used the same guitar as you have, and i also thought it was quite decent until i played a Gibson acoustic and a yamaha acoustic, after which i was completely disillusioned about givson. The sound quality, the ease of play is just not the same... Maybe you can improve it a bit by using good quality strings, but it wont improve a lot... at least with electric, the amp and processors can change the sound a good deal... but i would still suggest indians to begin with givson until they are sure that they are ready for a better guitar.

9. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

Huge LOlA

LOoooL @ Givson .. ..
    Its n indian guitar Company. .
    Poor Gibson ..
    :) :) :) :) :)

10. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

hey essi, i wud suggest to start with a hobner than a givson...

11. dhim

dhim New Member

I dont know the quality part but I think that as long as you are comfortable, and you are getting the right sound, you should not worry whether its givson or gibson.

I have a signature guitar and it sounds good, though after hearing reviews of Gibson, Ibanez and Yamaha Accoustic guitars, I have decided to go for one of them.

Regards,

DHiM

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I too have a Signature Topaz black acoustic...its pretty good..nice bass as well as sharpness...
    I personally feel that Hobner and Signature are somewhat better than the Givsons..
    One more thing...the guitar shown on the post.. sure looks great and is light..but it lacks bass..the sound is not full and rich...
    I like the sound of Jumbo sized guitars...these cool looking designs(which i think r ripped off from those of semi-acoustic guitars) just seem to be lacking something..

Well u just can't compare these with Ibanezs and yamahas..look at the prices...those
    guitars r just something else dude...

13. dhim

dhim New Member

Just for the info folks.... how much would a accoustic Gibson,Ibanez or Yamaha would cost me?? If possibler please give me rates of bombay. As bombay is the nearest location from where i am currently located...

Thanx,

DHiM

14. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

I've seen acoustic guitars costing 50,000 :p

A descent yamaha acoustic should cost about 12k I think... I'd rather get en electric though... but then that's me.

15. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I wouldn't recommend acoustic ibanez... Ibanez electrics (the better models especially the prestige guitars) are excellent for metal playing... But i havent heard much about ibanez acoustics. So cannot give advice either way except that it must be less expensive than most of the other brands and not much behind in quality. Gibson is better and more expensive.. The average Fender acoustic should be midway between gibson and ibanez in both quality and cost...

Not so sure about exact prices in bombay but furtados should have some good stuff.

16. dhim

dhim New Member

For Ibanez accoustic guitars please visit https://www.Ibanez.com and select country India. Its got a wonderful range of accoustix.

By the way can someone give an approximation on the price of Gibson / Yamaha, it will help in my personal budgeting

thanx,

DHiM

17. jayanth

I had an Ibanez acoustic.. It was amazing.. But i changed to Hobner.. Which is Better.. Startiung off wiht Hobner is better than Give SOn..

18. jayanth

19. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Jay, is that good though? Those prices increase upon reaching India, plus most these website don't ship to India...

20. jayanth

Those are the best prices.. Also if you really want something i can help you.. They dont ship directly to India..