Givson bass buying help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ilovegadgets, Dec 26, 2006.

1. ilovegadgets

ilovegadgets New Member

So I am about to buy a Givson bass. I checked their website and there are about 6 different models:

https://www.givson.com/products8.htm

Which model do you think I should go for? Which one gives the best tone?

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Never trust givson

Go for it only if you are going for the low end ones which are cheap
    Ive never seen a givson bass but i have a givson blue diamond guitar

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

4. ilovegadgets

ilovegadgets New Member

5. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

dood....in which country do u live in??? some rural village of africa???:p:

go for tht gb king...:p: has 2 j and one split p pup....though it will be like shit:grin:

6. yazi

yazi Banned

No comments(*dies*)

7. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

For a good bass guitar, you need good wood. All the givsons seem to have Toon wood, which I have no idea of. But of all these, the GB2003 seems to be the best, its got a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. Don't get taken in by the number of pick ups etc etc right now, you can change the pickups at a later date. However, I am not sure how much the GB 2003 would cost you, if its about 1000-1500 less than a GB&a or Java etc, I would say try putting in that extra money. If the 2003 is within 5000 you could go for it.

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^^ I think Tun wood is regular Indian teakwood, though I've heard it referred to as Indian Mahogany.

9. yazi

yazi Banned

^^^^^Its Toon wood and its a spinoff version of teak(young and immature teak)

10. sachinlakra

sachinlakra New Member

how much is the price of blue diamond???
    is it a good guitar???

11. fena

fena New Member

Don't buy givsons if the price is more than 4000..believe me its not worth it!!

12. rktpro

rktpro New Member

Good?
    Nah. I have played it in my school. It is not that good. It might feel good when you are just a beginner and playing electric for the first time.

13. flood

flood New Member

wtf is wrong with you people? why are you resurrecting unimportant threads from 2006?

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Actually I would like to know how they chance upon such threads ...

15. flood

flood New Member

the simplest explanation is the best one; teh internets is a human body, and noobs are the cancer that plague it.

16. hiflier79

hiflier79 New Member

:hitme:...damn...that post made me check out the 'givson' site....lol...they have 'hawaiian guitar round hole', 'spanish guitar' round hole, 'spanish guitar' cutaway f hole, 'electric spanish guitar' semisolid, 'electric spanish guitar' solid body.....must be getting kickbacks from spain for making their guitars so popular in india...:banana::banana::banana: