Girly? Problem-nails

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Greeshma, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Greeshma

Greeshma Greeshma'z in da House

r the 2 girls on IGT????

i havn't actaully had a lesson or practiced in a couple of weekz cuz i've neen 2 busy with study's finishing up assignments so i'ma bit rusty but i'll try and record a song and post it. my guitar lessons stopped 2 or 3 weekes ago but the last thing my teacher gave me was a song called "Allegro-Giuliani" by Mauro Giuliani.............that proably made no sence to u guyz anyway i'll c if i can post a recording

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fQGpOir4oNI
    well i found a video of it and thats wat it's meant to sound like,

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Oh, and by the way...
    Why is that point always so overrated? I mean, you dont even need it in rock/metal, just classical, country and blues...I've always wondered. :think:

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm not sure which point you're talking about as being overrated. The bottomline is that there is no absolute technique which has to be followed since what you play is going to be unique to you. As long as you can play whatever it is that you want to play, your technique is adequate. For a beginner, I suppose just because you don't want to use a pick doesn't mean you shouldn't even know how to. However, the rules are just 'ought to's rather than musts.

As for the list you demand, there really isn't anything quite as silly as what you've asked for. I just listen to them playing and I know they're better.

Greeshma: surprise, surprise. I do know the allegro you refer to.

4. ultrabot90

^You had said
    Which means you consider the pick ineffective for playing guitar...Or atleast in a minimal sense, you meant finger picking is better than using a plectrum.
    That was cool and cent per cent true, though.
    Picking cleanly, never going out time for a nanosec (and some more finer points of playing) are just cultivated over time and anyone can have it...but the style of playing, the point where your music melds with your character, is always different for everyone.
    https://joshurban.blogspot.com/2007/09/youll-never-be-as-good-as-hendrix.html
    ^Hopefully that gets my point some strength and some reps for me. :p:

5. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

1. Happy to see bjr giving some real advice.

2. Abt the girls vs boys talk:And you listen to rock?

3. @greeshma: Do what feels comfortable. If you wanna use a pick use it. Or not if you don't want to. Jeff beck, Mark Knopfler etc Never used picks.

4. Whoever was the guy who said you cant play rhythm without picks? rhythm guitar was there before picks were invented.

6. Greeshma

my Guitar teacher didn't want me using picks cuz he sed that i needed to work on my hand/finger cordination n strength........but i saw so eger to use one i went to the local music shop (4 the first time!!! it was awsome) and bought a couple that the guyz there recomended ...............................i think i got over excited.......cuz it didn't turn out to be as much fun as i first hoped LOL....My friend got a pick with a guy from The Simpsons on it!!!.....u guyz probably didn't need 2 no that LOL
    bjr-so do u no how to play that allegro i was talkin about is that to beinnger 4 ya LOL
    Life_Sans_Death- u talk about all these famous guitar players but even tho i 2 play guitar i hav never heard of them......i'm not really into rock....but i think i should get into it....got any advice on a band i should start with...i listen to bands like good charlote/greenday/simple plan/nickelback but thatz as far as rock goz 4 me.

since ur all in an advice giving mood.... i play lead mostly but i've been trying to get in to chords and stuff. i've been workin on the song Animals by Nikelback...it ROX i luv the startin especially......but it still dnt seem rite wen i play it.
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/n/nickelback/animals_tab.htm that where i got it from
    BTW yea i no there talkin bout *** but it still ROX

7. ultrabot90

Play Someday by Nickelback, tis teh best ever. Even Hero is nice for those who need practice of barre chords.
    @LSD - Seems like I dont know anything! :shock:

8. Greeshma

thanx i'll try that

9. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

@ultrabot: Its not that. I am plain idealistic.

10. ultrabot90

^Same difference. I still get ownd.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No, thats not what i meant at all. I meant what i said about different techniques. there is a difference between not knowing how to play with a pick and choosing not to play with a pick. Its all the difference in the world. There is no MUST anywhere....well, except listening to great gig in the sky.

@yazi- I do give lots of advice when im at home and i can browse forums with time to spare. else, i just address the chit chat lounge because it is the most interesting thing on igt sadly.

@greeshma- indeed, i do know how to play it. i havent heard animals and cant right now so if i ever do,i can help you with it.

12. ultrabot90

Oh and btw, Greeshma, if you look at a tab, hear the song, and still cant figure out what goes where, download Powertab and get the PowerTab (*.ptb) file for the song. It was a problem that plagued me in the beginning too, when I wasnt experience enough.

13. Greeshma

watz powertab and where can i download it from????

well i did c powerchords mensioned on the site i orginally got the music

14. ultrabot90

No connection in those two. >_>
    Power chord - A chord formed by a root note and its fifth. (Often argued to be a chord formed by a root note, its fifth, and an octave)
    Powertab - A software, you write music score/tab in it, and it generates an MIDI showing you roughly (in terms of sound quality) how it'll sound. It's file's extension is .ptb. Get a ptb file for a song from UG, play it in the software, it'll show you what note is playing, and what part of the song sounds like what. Handy thing to have. A paidware alternative is GuitarPro.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OFFTOPIC: LOL Ultrabot, where/when did ya fish those "quotes" in siggy?

16. ultrabot90

Recent forum work, sire. :beer:
    All of 'em except for your quote (which was an old classic I still remembered) are from recent posts. Look around :) I even have bjr's quote, but the space wasn't nuff...I have it in a txt in my pc XD

17. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

hmm ..is there any cancer badge that Greeshma doesnt have ?

18. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

USE GOOGLE PLEASE........sigh......but then it would make us obsolete.........

19. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

google long has invented the masterpiece automatic slavery market ..where people like you and me sell ..

20. Greeshma

wat can i say i am a very conciderate loving person