Gig Alert:::Brute Fest (Bangalore)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by rickkkyrich, Oct 16, 2010.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Sunday, October 17 · 3:00pm - 11:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2001, Kaatima Centre, 100 feet road, Indira Nagar
    Bangalore, India

More Info: START's: 10:30 AM - 6.30 PM

Brute Fest, an extreme metal show with an amazing genre mix gives another opportunity for all you metal heads out there to witness few of the best bands in the scene... Be there to witness real metal, Passion and excruciation with the the most extreme bands tearing the stage apart.

Bands Performing:

Abandoned Agony (Brutal Death Metal)
    Blind Image (Technical Thrash/ Groove Metal)
    Gorified (Deathgrind)
    Corrode (Melodic Death Metal)
    The Mechanix (Technical Groove Metal)
    A U (Goregrind)
    Dark Desolation (Black Metal)
    Band Aid (Metal/Death)
    Blood Orchid (Progressive Thrash)
    State of War (Vedic Metal)
    Nekronym (Brutal Death Metal)
    Band Aid (Death Metal)

Entry: Rs.200

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Wjat!!

INR 200 for hearing noize.
    *shakes heads* what is happening to humans.

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

so wat are they supposed to do? Do bhajans or cover some Jagjit singh ghazal?...
    200 is pretty decent for half a day's gig. Bands get to sell their EPs also at such events so overall its for the welfare of music and musicians..

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

They can produce some music for starters.

something known as melody and harmony - not ear jarring, brain numbing, zombie metal.

Actually its fun watching them howl and growl and guitars playing the same 'ol riff styles again n again - and the drummer trying to show his prowess by beating it as fast as possible - even though sounding totally like a madman.

Metal scene sux. More so in India. (And so do the audience with black T shirts, and long hair, unshaven look, few piercings here and there)

BTW: I don't know about bhajan's - try avoid anything related to god or religion.
    But Jagjit Singh - though extremely slow paced - is pretty melodic.
    You can use his tunes, improvise over it - as your guitar leads - and you will sound totally fresh in this over-hackneyed "metchul" scene.

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

This may be a metal gig but the place it was held is not only known for metal gigs. They have people from all genres playing there. They even host plays where the local artists perform. Places like this are the reason Bangalore pwns Delhi when it comes to music.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

And so do the audience with black T shirts, and long hair, unshaven look, few piercings here and there

This is more prevalent in Bangalore than any other city in India.

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

No not at all... Mumbai, Kolkata as well as other eastern cities like shillong have such people as well.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Lesser than Bangalore.
    That is my point - somehow in Bangalore there are more posers - or rather all posers from India flock there ...

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

wat .. you had a survey or somethin done on posers in bangalore? Bangalore gives the best platform to all musicians irrespective of the genre they play.. and posers.. Dimmu Borgir is not from bangalore. :p:

10. mrinaal.sharma

mrinaal.sharma New Member

what's going on guys....

we are all music lovers here...and lets not point fingers at each others taste of music...

coz at the end, its the music, we are blaming... please stop this...

I lived in delhi for 4 yrs and am in bang now frm 3 yrs... both cities have a diff. culture and night life.. Lets not compare this...

by the way went last night to Hard Rock Cafe for the Jack Daniel awars..
    dnt miss it in delhi..

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Music lovers ... not rhythmic noise.

BTW is you don't believe me - scientifically speaking: metal music IS closest to technical noise.

For this:
    1. Define noise.
    2. Check out the frequency spectrum of metal music (over a time line of a track/song). Compared to other music. Compared to white noise.
    3. Draw your own conclusions.

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest