Gibson SG for sale

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cemeterygates, Dec 10, 2008.

1. cemeterygates

cemeterygates New Member

Hey guys,

Im selling my Gibson SG Custom. Its a faded top. It has Grover Tuners. And the main thing bout it that makes it so amazing is that it has Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewire Pickups. Other than that the guitar is amazing. Action is perfect. Can play anything from blues/jazz to heavy and death metal. Price im asking is Rs. 1,00,000.

Reply if interested. I live in Bangalore btw...

Rohan

Attached Files:

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Wow, why selling?

3. vicks_virgo

vicks_virgo New Member

Amazing guitar, BTW how much does a brand new one cost?

4. killingmachine

killingmachine New Member

which r da gib son low end model do u hav an idea? how do they cost in india?

5. thehundredthone

6. nandac

nandac New Member

>There are no low level Gibsons.

ofcourse there are.

gibson has three levels : custom, standard and low end.

the custom shop cost a lot of money - normally upward of $2500.

the standard ones cost around $1300 to $2500 . examples : gibson les paul standard, gibson sg 61 reissue, gibson es335 etc.

the low end ones cost anywhere between $600 to $900. eg : faded sg, faded flying v, faded lp double cut etc.

the low end ones usually had "faded" finishes, 490R pickups etc.

7. augur

augur I love bjr

I'll give you one million dollars

[​IMG]

8. thehundredthone

Please understand that when he says low end he means third world low end. As low as Givson. (the $100-200 range in case you were still wondering)

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I see all the elites of IGT have converged on this thread.

so Nandac, USD 600 might be your idea of LOW END, but not the 99.99% of India's population

10. vicks_virgo

vicks_virgo New Member

@ alpha1: make that percentage 99.999999999999999999999999999...........%
    I completely agree with you.

11. nandac

nandac New Member

low end

>so Nandac, USD 600 might be your idea of LOW END, but not the 99.99% of India's >population

i just posted that information based on gibson's pricing strategy - within the context of gibson's pricing in the american market. that's all. no need to take it beyond that scope.

12. cemeterygates

cemeterygates New Member

its a great guitar... but just not for me... gonna play with it at campus rock idols but after that im planning to sell it. Getting a Dean or Jackson. Need something with a thinner neck. so yea... Well i mailed someone at guitar center and he said a guiatr like this would go for bout $2000 there. thats a lakh. so im selling at the same price he quoted.

13. nandac

nandac New Member

afaik the model in the pictures is the gibson sg faded special model which is sold in guitar center for $800 or so. a used one is like $600 max. check musiciansfriend.com and also ebay for current value.

14. nandac

nandac New Member

ofcourse with sd livewire pickups you can add aleast another $100 to it.

15. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

The odds of you selling your guitar at that price is close to zero.There are so many guitars out there that are atleast 10 times better than that one.And, Its pretty safe to say that,anybody looking for a guitar like an Sg or les paul would not like livewires or blackouts on them.

16. cemeterygates

cemeterygates New Member

yea true... k nevermind guys... i guess ill just hang it up. Just ordered a Dean Rusty Cooley 7 string so thatll be my main guitar. Thanks for checking it out though