Gibson Les Paul

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by kushe, Dec 25, 2006.

1. kushe

kushe New Member

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy a Gibson Les Paul (used or new) in India (pref Mumbai)?

Thanks.

2. zing

zing Machine Head

3. yazi

yazi Banned

Lets put it this way, if u need to ask the price, you can't afford it. BTW, Give us some pics if u get it.

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ummm try
    www.gigpad.com
    www.rsjonline.com
    and some other classifieds for second hand. I think if u want a new one you could call up ashutosh from bajaao.com and get it in through him. Btw if ur looking for Epiphone Les Pauls , two have already arrived. The Special II and the Les Paul 100. The prices arent up yet so you will have to wait. Just keep your eyes out at bajaao.com for the Epiphones...

Good Luck,
    Shreyas

5. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^lol laney seems like uve gotten a partnership deal with ashu, fulto uppdated with the bajaao stocks and prices eh ;)

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

hahha no...i think he's totally pissed off with me actually....i call him almost everyday and my sentence begins like this "hi...HAVE THE ESPS COME?????" lol...im feeling really bad now lol...and btw the ESPs have come...but some problems with customs or something....i should have mine by new years hopefully...

7. kushe

kushe New Member

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

9. kushe

kushe New Member

Thanks. Do you have his number?

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

he's out of station right now......ill give u Ninad's number... u can ask him... tell him "shreyas" gave u his number 9870424047 . If ur not from bombay add a 0 before

11. yazi

yazi Banned

Hey laney, any probs if I use that no. wid ur name as ref?

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea sure....he just got back from a long and tiring trip i think....so u can call him ...

13. kushe

kushe New Member

LP in India proving quite expensive and I'm beginning to have duobts about buying a guitar without trying it out.

Am considering PRS SE Singlecut and PRS SE Custom from Furtados - any advice/inputs? Which one would you choose? My thing is mainly blues - guitar with "fat" sound for solos

14. shak

shak Harrr!

SE's are budget guitars from PRS .. so basically in other words ... rubbish!
    they might look pretty with that PRS badge on em but i would recommend going for something else ..

dunno your budget else i might have given some suggestions ..

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

+1....PRS guitars are sucky....well not all sorry...the higher end ones are ownage...but the SEs are so not worth it.....but if u get a good one they are awesome...what im trying to say is...its a hit and miss case....u could get a piece of junk that will kill you over or a pretty good piece....dont go for one of those....maybe u could go for a EC400....priced at 44k...bloody awesome guitar...check it out

16. kushe

kushe New Member

Thanks for the tip. Where can I check out the EC400? In Mumbai??

17. kushe

kushe New Member

Also, how do you think the EC400 will be for blues solo playing - I want a mellow "fat" sound.

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

well...im moving to blues too.....and i might be going for a EC400....got some advice from ppl saying the EMGs wont be that good for blues...but i guess with a half drained drained battery it should sound good :)....i donno....and as for trying out just wait a while....ill let u know when they come

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

and yea it has a fat tone...as far as i know :)

20. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^^ A half drained battery will sound like shit. The pickup is meant to be boosted. You will get hardly any sound from your guitar. It's not just the pickups, there is circuitry routed for the same purpose and that circuitry requires a good amount of power.