Gibson les paul studio lite for sale

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nandac, Oct 14, 2008.

1. nandac

nandac New Member

An early 90s lighter version of the les paul with the center part filled with balsa wood to lessen the weight. Mahogany body with carved maple top/mahogany neck with ebony fretboard (normally found only on custom models). In red, with black hardware, 496R and 500T humbuckers, unbound fretboard with trapezoid inlays and slim taper neck. This model when introduced was pricier than the regular studio models due to its superior features. Some light scratches on the back of the body but the back of the neck and fretboard are without blemish. Some light paint wear on the head stock. Comes with tkl les paul hardshell case. Great player!!! 30k. In Bangalore.

2. nandac

nandac New Member

***bump***

3. nandac

nandac New Member

for an extra 4k ie 34k, you can have it with seymour duncan 59 in the neck and jb in the bridge.

4. giblesp

giblesp New Member

Could you post or PM pictures? Thanx.

5. augur

augur I love bjr

How lite is it?

6. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

Hi, call me about the LP lite... 98453 85213. I'm interested... Vlada

7. nandac

nandac New Member

oops sorry guys i did not see the responses. it is around 7.5 to 8 lbs. which is quite lightweight for a les paul.

8. nandac

nandac New Member

lp studio lite pic

here's a picture of a similar guitar. mine is the same except the gold hardware - on mine the hardware is black. btw the red looks garish in the photo - but looks great in person.

Attached Files:

9. nandac

nandac New Member

***bump***

10. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

Out of curiosity,
    the weight reduction balsa wood thingy
    Doesn't it lessen the sustain greatly?

11. nandac

nandac New Member

the sustain is great. now gibson is actually chambering - drilling holes in the body - to reduce weight. a lighter wood section in the mahogany is a better option as it does not leave any empty gaps in the solid body. it is a great guitar - you can check the reviews on harmony central about its quality.