Gibson is releasing a Digital Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Orange Guitar, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

Gibson is releasing a digital guitar, featuring an ethernet-connection in addition to normal analogue out. It is designed to work as a normal Gibson Les Paul, but with digital options to expand the guitarists creative canvas, including the ability to assign separate outputs for separate strings, via a claimed no-latency breakoutbox. With some agile fingers you might be able to play all six guitarparts of your new rockopera yourself, at the same time.​

Check it out on this site:

https://www.gibsondigital.com

2. shak

shak Harrr!

thats like an year old thing mate ..
    they made that released that ... and i know 4 guys in local who own that sh!t ...
    totally crap .. have been discussed at igt before ... go search ..waste of money in ma opinion.

3. Orange Guitar

but the site has not released the dealers info. and other things yet.....how it is possible that some1 bought that guitar???????

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

SRK is rt....its is old...has been discussed here......theres a thread about that here
    and actually it is more than an year old i guess

5. shak

shak Harrr!

wake up man ... digital was out in april this year ... you can get it from soundcontrol manchester shop and soundcontrol london shop ... they have 5 of those in their shops .. and when i said 4 guys i didnt mean private owners .. i saw them at various music shops .. but that was back in june ..they must have sold them till now ...
    1500 GBP .. without amp ... heaven mercy!

6. shak

shak Harrr!

i'll see if i can get ya a link ...
    you wont belive me i knwo .... *shrugs*

7. shak

shak Harrr!

8. Orange Guitar

ok....i m leavin this topic......PEACE!!!!!!! how could i have known that this thing is discussed be4!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. shak

shak Harrr!

^^ a thing called @search function@ ...

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

*reads*
    *thinks - what a useless thread, even threads in CC have better purposes*

11. Orange Guitar

ok ok ok !!!! LEAVE THIS TOPIC !!!!

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL ... no need to get offended ...
    i was just trying to be <dharmatma> ;)

tnax for the info dude ... altho i had already seen this on the gibson site 6 months ago ..

13. Orange Guitar

ok....wts the price of this guitar...in $s?

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i guess it was mentioned in one of the feedback realted websites that it is close to 3000 dollars (or pounds mebbe)

15. shak

shak Harrr!

2600 US$ (as the call em..smackaroonees)

16. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

taht smackaroonies ... is that a limey slang for amroos? ... or amroo dollars?

17. Orange Guitar

sheeeeeesshhhh!!!! $2600.......man......but sharaukh was saying that this guitar is crap!!!! and I haven't seen any major Band's Guitarists getting these!

18. shak

shak Harrr!

@sss .... no idea ... i just heard that in the movie @good burger@ .. must be an "american thing" ..*does the finger thing*
    @orange: its all new technology ... fancy 7 or 8 wire cables..splitters ... amp boxes .. dunno what else .. i am a old fashioned person ..i believe in a good mahagony body and a mighty humbucker .thats why i said its crap ... otherwise i dun mind if some tech junkie or some rich accountant wanna spend money on that ... so be it ..its a matter of preference ... if they put a price tag of 2600$ it must be worth it ...

19. Orange Guitar

yup...u r rite.....what brand do u use?

20. shak

shak Harrr!

got a gibson les paul classic .. (bought it used so dont raise eyebrows)
    got one custom made Les paul (the pics are in hardware section ... search for custom )
    a crafter cruiser baritone (pics in the post your guitar pic thread)
    a chinese battered accoustic (pics in the ^ thread)
    will be getting a gibson double cutaway guitar soon (its on sale!!!!)