Gibson Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rabi_sultan, Oct 8, 2004.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

I did look at the SG and i didn't like it. Will try the Les Paul at the next chance I get :)

2. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

Hey Rabi, there's some excellent guitar shops in Tottenham Court Road. When I was there I found 3 shoips in the same street in Tottenham Court Road (although I have no idea what the street or shop names were).

For that price range and what you are after, why not try the Epiphone versions of them? I have a vague idea of UK guitar prices and you'll get them under budget. A friend of mine has an Ephiphone Explorer and, given the price, it's a top guitar. Although I'd also rate a Mustang better than an Epiphone Explorer; it's probably also more suited to your style anyway (from what you've said on your post). I played one a few years ago and I thought it to be a good guitar for Grunge & Punk stuff.

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

yeah there's quite a few, there's two on Rathbone Place which is behind Tottenham Court Road just off Oxford Street. Then there's tonnes on Denmark Street, oppositte Foyles and like you i can't remember the names either lol.

To be honest i was playing the Gibson's a few Ibanez's and they just do not impress me as much as that Mustang did but then thats more to do with musical taste than anything.

4. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

The places I found could have well been on Rathborne place because the street was just of Oxford. In saying that, i could be very, very wrong.

Have you ever tried playing a solid-body Gretsch? I've got a Roc-Jet and it blows the doors of any Gibson I have ever played (well I think so anyway). In saying that tough, I am yet to play a Les Paul and my guitar simultaneously. Tone wise, it's not as full as a Les Paul but not as lifeless as a Strat and with a hint of over-drive, it sounds unbelievably ballsy.