Ghajini

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by augur, Oct 22, 2008.

1. augur

augur I love bjr

...er

So I picked up Bombay Times after a long time as I had nothing to read. The headline's screaming at me "STREETFIGHTER" with Amir Khan staring back at me. The article goes on about how he got big for his role in Ghajini and how great the movie's gonna be. I look back at the picture and find something very odd. On his chest it says "Kalpana was killed". It has some car registration no. on his left hand. Then I look behind him and there are polaroid pictures with stuff written under them. HOLY SHIT THEY COPIED MEMENTO!! I freaked out and started screaming at the top of my voice and tore the paper into thousand pieces and then stomped on them. My mother heard all this and got scared said you're moving with your aunt and uncle in bel Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the License plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought no forget it, yo holmes to bel-air. I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby "yo, holmes smell you later". Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit my throne as the prince of bel-air.

2. aniketdave

aniketdave aniket

^^ LoL!! Nice one..

But ya.. sadly it's true.. they've already copied memento in a few other languages.. now its bollywood turn..

and i used to associate amir khan with originality (sigh...)

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I saw it too and I got the same feeling yet I've given him the benefit of the doubt....for now.

4. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

^+1 .. Benefit of the doubt just for Aamir Khan's sake.

5. augur

augur I love bjr

C'mon. The tattoo's, the polaroids. So the director may make a few changes, added an item number and probably made it so that it doesn't go backwards....

Remake/inspiration are easy words to use.

6. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

^Of course not all remakes suck.

Some of them go beyond awesomeness .. take Karzzzz for example.

7. aniketdave

aniketdave aniket

True.. It is a copy..
    Infact they have already made it in tamil.. That was also called ghajini..

The story is exactly the same except that it goes forwards (the director thinks that most ppl in india wont understand the movie otherwise)

But i guess it wont be that bad.. I dont remember having seen any amir khan movie which was less than good..

8. augur

augur I love bjr

Tell me you didn't go to see it. If you did, did Himesss inspire you to buy an autorickshaw/taxi?

Baazi.
    The one with Manisha Koirala in that ship.
    Mela.

9. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Of course I did see it.. with a gang of 8 guys..

Most entertaining movie in a long time. We were warned thrice to behave and keep it low in the theatre .. they eventually gave up. :p

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That movie reminds me how torturous being bored can be.

oh and Ishq. Dear god, Ishq.

11. aniketdave

aniketdave aniket

sorry.. i take it back.. he has done some bad movies..

the worst i think was Mangal pandey.. i had gone for its premier!
    The 2nd most torturous 3 hours ever spent in a theatre! (1st ofcourse being mere baap pehle aap)

That movie wasn't so bad.. it wasn't exactly the best movie ever but it was watchable..

12. augur

augur I love bjr

There were other people!?

13. augur

augur I love bjr

I forgot about Mangal Pandey. I think the newspapers only talked about his look and nothing else. Seems to be the case for Ghajini too.

Ishq is the one with Ajay Devgan, Juhi Chawla and Kajol right? I don't remember too much of it but the first half seemed alright.

One more: Fanaa.

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It was which is why I watched the second half.

15. aniketdave

aniketdave aniket

Oye! i liked fanaa

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

sux to be you

17. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

I love Kuch kuch hota hai ..

Just like I love Hum aapke hai kaun.

18. augur

augur I love bjr

Much like I love Karan Johar?

19. aniketdave

aniketdave aniket

True... :'(

20. augur

augur I love bjr

I wonder if that stupid song with the kid in Fanaa was thrown in for a laugh.