Getting my first Guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by mihir94, Dec 1, 2011.

1. mihir94

mihir94 New Member

Hey all,

I am a complete newbie in guitars but listening to metal drove me into the thought of buying a new guitar insted of some expensive phone(Atleast it would be productive)

I am pretty much attracted to metal so I thought of electric ones , but not knowing the "a" of guitars I require a lot of help here

I have a max budget of 15k and I needed the whole electric set with amplifiers etc

This guitar wouldnt be upgraded for another 2-3 years and for my liking I wouldnt want to play an accoustic for that long time
    Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated?

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Really appreciate this :).

I luckily happened to play on this model . Found it pretty impressive. But pickups were not powerful. They suited more for classic sound. But the built of this one was nice.
    Cort-Zenox-Series:-
    Cort Zenox Series Z42FT Electric Guitar - Made in Indonesia - Electric Guitars - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - India - BAJAO - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment

See if you can increase ur budget to:
    Cort Zenox Series Z44 Electric Guitar - Guitars - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - India - BAJAO - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment

Fender:-
    Squier Affinity Series Fat Strat Electric Guitar - Guitars - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - India - BAJAO - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment

Sorry i dont have any link for Yamaha Pacifica model. but do check them out if they are available

If i had to choose from above i wud go ahead with the fender one. Buy some cheap second hand amplifier for the moment. later on upgrade it. Everything cannot fit in 15k range. If you cant stretch ur budget a bit...better.... else DONT BUY anything!!!

3. mihir94

mihir94 New Member

4. mymusicmyguitar

Nope not the GRX series for sure and stay away from the starter packs. They suck ballz..I am again saying dont try to accomodate everything in 15k..u will REGRET for sure in the future...buy a guitar if u want to for time being if thats all u can afford right now...Buy amplifier after 2 years if u cant afford to spend 2k - 4k(2nd hand amp) soo soon :p . But dont end up buying some SHIT

Wait and see what others guys over here have to say !!!

5. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

i agree with mymusicmyguitar
    java guitars are shit(i unfortunately own one)
    get a good guitar for now and a second hand amp or try with pc's speakers and use guitar rig 4 for effects

6. mymusicmyguitar

yeah thats a very good idea...But get a good guitar