Get riD Of thE VirUSeS while surfing...

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by g0g0l, Mar 22, 2006.

1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I have opened this thread for those who don't know how to protect themselves from the silent installed viruses while surfing. I have discovered a technique which is working so well for me that I do not use any antivirus now....
    The process is pretty unorthodox one seems..
    This is how I do it...
    I do not use IE, coz it is the worst explorer around when it comes to secutity, instead, I use Firefox.
    I use Flashget as my default dl er. You need to install a Firefox plugin called Flashgot to integrate Flashget in your Firefox.
    After that, make your default downloading as "Flashgot link"..
    Now you are armed to protect yourself. If you go to any site which has silently installable Virus, when the virus will try to install, Flashget will open immediately and ask you where to install the virus :)RollLol: ). Just cancel the job and you are safe!
    How did you like my technique????
    Anybody has any other Ideas????

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

hey dude i used the same thing

ie firefox n flashgot(+ one more download manager)

but recently some sites took too long to load media streamed through the net n i though y not try IE

i think that IE thing is the main prob

coz i started getting loads of pop ups though my pop up blocker was on!!!!!!!!

i closed some

then went to have a bath n the IE was open

when i returned my screen was flooded with pop ups n the norton displaying one message after another of failed message delivery reports!!!!!!

IE really sucks

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Yeah.... IE really sucks.... No doubt bout dat..
    But Firefox can catch Virus too ( It happened to me earlier, some search bar viruss...), but chances are slimmer and those can be easily get rid of. But if one uses my technique, it is almost impossible...