George Lynch Fans here?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

George Lynch himself! Any other fans here? Yeah I'm not a big fan of hair metal and such but god damn i do i admire George Lynch's guitar skills in Dokken. Along with Marty Friedman, Shawn Lane and few others, George Lynch is also able to fuse Asian influence into his guitar playing (like Marty Friedman, Lynch is also greatly inspired by Japanese music). Also, i love his solo albums, one his more recent ones he does some covers of his favorite songs...definitley worth checking out.

Everytime i listen to Dokken's Mr. Scary (one of my favorite instrumental tracks ever!) i get inspired enough to pick up my guitar and play along. :rock:

Attached Files:

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

Dokken ... man i'll havtra check 'im out ...

anyway i like "Hair Metal" ... with some neo-classical + progressive influence ...

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

George Lynch is cool especially in his Dokken and Lynch Mob days. 80s Metal Rulez (Hair Metal or Bald Metal). I always preferred guys with a good dose of Blues Influence like John Sykes. Check out Jake E Lee too. Awesome guitarist. I liked him more than Randy Rhoads or Zakk Wylde. He had a tremendous amount of feel with his fiersome playing.

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

Jake E Lee is absolutely gr8 ...

Zakk is too "Trucky" ... i mean he is really harcore loud rock player ...
    Rhodes was good
    but as correctly put by Uncle Ron: Jake is an "Awesome guitarist"

5. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

i like Jake's solo material too. Theyre kinda hard to get, but theyre worth buying.

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Check out his Badlands stuffs. Great Line Up with Ray Gillen (Ex-Black Sabbath) on vocals, Eric Singer (Ex-Sabbath, Kiss) on Drums and Jake E Lee on Guitars. As you pointed out, hard to get but really nice. I was once addicted to their song Seasons.

George Lynch was really scary in Dokken. Reb Beach who played in Dokken is a great guitarist but in my opinion did not fit in the bills of Dokken. Reb Beach is good for Winger not for Dokken.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

hail lynch!

I lik his stuff.
    and his hi-gain tone is awesome