Generate distorted sound by pluging electric guitar with PC

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by mad_man, Jun 13, 2006.

1. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

hi guys

i have been playiin acoustic form sometime now but now want to switch to the electric now there is something i would want to know guys here playiing electric guitar

i went to shop .......the guy told me i can play electric guitar without even amplifier ....if i have a music system in which has a jack for the mic.

now if i would not have to an buy the amp. this new guitar will be under my budget but the thing that i want to ask is that can i play the distorted sound (with poewrchords ) without an amp. or is there is any way by which i can generate distorted sound by pluging electric guitar with my PC

also 1 thing more ......if i have to buy an amp. i'll go with lowest price so does all the amp. have distortion "button" in them (even the one which are cheapest....)

please help..............

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

plug it to ur pc use the req thing to change the jack size

then download guitar fx box n u get distortion n other effects

posted loads of time before

search next time :)

3. mad_man

but can the distortion can be produced at real time ........i mean at the time i am playiing the guitar ..........or is it processed later on saved file

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

u can save that i think well thats what sugata told me
    havent tried to save when i play n havent played my electric for say a week coz of exams....:(

5. mad_man

Ohh I C....
    thx mate for the help......and best of luck 4 ur exam

6. .:SpY_GaMe:.

thnx :D pm me after my exams if u need the full version of guitar fx box later coz u get only the demo version for free on the net

ok

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Hey mAddY!
    Got ur Guitar Fx box yet?

8. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

FxBox processes in real time.....the effects are ok(considering the fact that I ran it on a superhot P4 3.06G).

On slower PC's, there's a delay which bothered me a bit. Best thing is to get an effects pedal. If you like playing clean, get a Digitech, Zoom is best for distorted sounds....Korg is simply superb!!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What about Marshall, Mesa/Boogie, Rocktron, Tech21 .... then? ;)

10. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

then you get lotsa dough and buy yourself a Gibson studio and a marshall stack...and blow the windows and your neighbours brains ;)

11. mad_man

hey i have an P3 600 mhz and 128+64 mb ram .............
    would that be enough .....for "real" time sound effects
    do u guys have any idea?????

12. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

definitely worth a try!! but I'd still say, BUY A MULTIEFFECT.....you can get them for as low as 3000 bucks or so...

13. mad_man

thx mate but i have downloaded the full verson

14. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

It takes a good sound card i think

If you have a mic, download guitar fx box any check if there is too much delay

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

+1.

Even the Worst Multi FX processor scores over most complicated Guitar FX program in terms of convenience.

16. kingofduffers

kingofduffers New Member

hey dude, cud u pass tht guitar fx box sw thingy along...m also gettin a new axe, n i can mebbe cover an amp in the budget i have, which myt get me distortion, but thts it i gess...wud be nice tot ry out diff effects..

17. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

It has to be....If the opposite woz true, everyone ud have used the cracked version :p: instead of the machines(Think about Joe Sat doing dat!! :shock:)...These are processor "emulators" not processors...It's like the diff between "Doodh" and "Ghol"..;)

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm
    But in any case, nothign beats analog effects and tube amp.

:p

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^*agrees*
    They are just too good.......