Gear Sound Clips Thread!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by laneymaney, Apr 4, 2007.

1. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Very nice Anik! Get your own stuff out there man...you're good enough

btw, where are you getting volume swells from? Amp, Comp what?

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

NO man....we dont play anything similar...i play crap and you are pretty good!!!

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

OMGZORZ! Your HOB was kickass! can u send me just the backing tracks for all three! Pretty Please...i really want to try HOB and Dying In Your Arms

4. Anik8

Anik8 -Starforsaken-

@tallkien
    Thanks dude, ive got a couple of ideas, but im working on the drum tracks for them...
    i think its something to do with the patch level on the processor and the mic slot on the comp...right now, the only way i can record without volume swell is if i make the master level and patch level both 30, which is max...and that really sucks, coz then i have to decrease the volume on nuendo which doesnt sound great....i think its because i lost the sound card drivers...:p i got some c-media drivers off the net, just to get the sound card working..maybe thats the reason..

@laney
    bleh...your song...the one below potential..its pretty good man..work on it...nice sounding riff
    haha i actually got HOB wrong there..right after the solo...the interlude which sounds like an anthem, ive got the guitar on the higher octave completely wrong...check it out..you can tell it doesnt sound right..hehe..
    sure you can have the Backing tracks...you got a msn or gmail id ?

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I sure hope that's all it is. In the analog world something like that usually means a capacitor or diode is going south

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Post this in the "IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music" section for more critique.

Even though you've said it's a practise piece, I'd like to say a few things (Oh, god, here it comes :p: )

a) Practice left-right coordination. You have a similar problem as me - your finger is off the fret a little quickly at times.
    b) That solo, ummm...
    c) I didn't like the sound, it's not suited for this song. You'll want to cut mids for the nu-metal sound. Were you using fuzz instead of distortion?

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

8. Anik8

Anik8 -Starforsaken-

yeah that solos crap...i cant solo...but it felt too empty , so i just did it...
    the sound on which one ? dying in your arms ? ofcourse its distortion..

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

add me on MSN please! i want those BTs

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

11. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

12. yazi

yazi Banned

Erm, guys, I just bought a Digitech Grunge Distortion pedal............

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Nice, lol. I played that and it was pretty cool. I also think i own one...

pics coming tommorow