Gear buying time arrives... Help out, guys...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by guitardoctor, Nov 28, 2010.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

call them up and ask.. i don't think they'll give you your guitars worth even if they buy used stuff.. do give it a try still.

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

3. Side_Show_Joy

Side_Show_Joy New Member

MIM Fender Telecaster - nothing else compares.

:)

4. shailm

shailm New Member

^^^^^
    "Music Has The Right To Children" -Boards of Canada?

@OP- A telecaster deluxe with coil tapped neck pickup might be going up for sale soon, not sure yet.

5. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Fenders are out of budget guys :(

And no one selling used locally...

6. flood

flood New Member

i know someone selling an unused MIM strat for 30k, in case you're interested.

reason for not using it: death metal. :D

7. guitardoctor

Uh... 25k is absolute upper limit. Also I'm not open to buying used from out of Delhi...

He wouldn't happen to be both from Delhi and willing to drop it to 25k I guess... Gods aren't that meherbaan on me...

8. gregbennetsale

gregbennetsale New Member

9. guitardoctor

Sorry man... Looking for single coils here. Best of luck for the sale!

10. flood

flood New Member

any luck with the search?

11. guitardoctor

None. I can't find a used Fender MIM strat in Delhi... Nor any other guitar meeting my requirements (Single coils+Bridge humbucker+Non-floating bridge).

Will go check out stores in a few days and see what's available in new gear.

12. gamebore

gamebore New Member

If you want, i will be willing to sell my Pacifica 112V which meets all of your above requirements. It's in perfect condition.

My work is not allowing me to use it as much as i would've liked, and i'd like to see it go in good hands. I don't know how much will it help you in moving ahead professionally, so it's your decision to make.

Also, you can use the rest of the money to buy a decent amp or something. Let me know.

Though i'd still suggest you take up flood's offer. Maybe try to negotiate a bit. Regarding not buying used gear from outside Delhi, i'll suggest taking a blind leap of faith, it might pay off.

Cheers.

13. flood

flood New Member

i have no problems buying from outside town as far as reliability is concerned - pictures go a long way there. at the end of the day, it's a guitar, and most guitar problems are easily fixed... also helps to know who the seller is; in this case, it's the guitarist of a bigger and fairly reputed indian metal band.

the only thing i worry about is whether the courier company will handle the guitar with care or not. i guess insurance could help, but i still harbour some apprehensions.

on the whole however, i'm much happier buying used gear from wherever than i would be for buying a new guitar in india at a ridiculous cost. i gotta say this: EVERYTHING i ever bought except for: 1 squier strat, 1 peavey 15W solid state amp, 1 pluto acoustic and 1 digitech whammy was bought used, second or third hand. i've been quite happy so far - and i have bought and sold a LOT of gear both here and in germany over the last 10 years. i still look for used stuff all over the place, and plan to buy an EBMM stingray over the talkbass forums at some point. just my experiences.

14. guitardoctor

@gamebore: Uh... Sorry, I can't take a leap of faith on the guitar I'm going to play atleast for the next three years. Not planning any guitar upgrades for quite some time now. If I buy used, I want to buy locally, something I can try and inspect before buying. It's still a step up from my mental scene when I bought my first guitar though... I remember it was warranty or bust then, since I didn't even know the bare basics of guitar anatomy and repairs...

About the 112v: I'm interested, please check your private messages.

15. guitardoctor

@flood: Yeah, I would love a used guitar if I can find it... Still, I want to keep searching locally, at least till I gain some more experience points... Still not confident enough to buy from faraway and deal with the stress of delivery damage, discovering lemons later etc...

16. gamebore

gamebore New Member

Please check pm.