GB&a Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by the_axe_man_19, Dec 3, 2004.

1. addict

addict New Member

I own a black gb&a acoustic with a pre-amp which came with an allen key. bought it a month ago.costed me 6K.it has a s**y tone. planning to sell it away(though its s**y)...
    Bangalorians....let me know

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The Allen key cost you 6000???

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I Think GB&a are pretty good.
    the only problem is wid the whammy.
    it looses tuning after a few vibratos

4. addict

addict New Member

Dude, not the allen key....the guitar...for 6K. I never heard of an allen key costing 6000

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

You can't do heavy dives like the Floyd Rose ones but if you know how to tune a guitar properly, then for a few shakes the thing wont go out of tune. I own a GB&a and when I use good vibratos, the tuning still remains intact. There's a thread on how to tune the guitar. Check that out.

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Honey even if u sell ur self who wid buy u for that cost !!!!! haha ......
    Even the metallica dudes might think before buying such a guitar !!!!!

7. sudhin

sudhin New Member

Acoustics are tempremental animals - and suffer from inconsistencies even from the same manufacturer so never go by brands when you are talking about low cost brands like gb&a. This is why they are low cost - very low quality control (everyone one knows QC costs money).so these cheap guitars look good - sound good for a while ( they are often made with unseasoned/unprepared wood) and then give up the ghost.

So check every piece before buying ( even that cannot guarantee it' will remain good for long) .
    My advice is always "buy better than you can afford" - that actually money saving advise from a pro 20 years into valuating gear. People often think they are saving a few bucks by buying cheap - and then end up buying a better product within the next few years due to dissatisfaction.

In reality they loose money more than the guy who spends a lil more buying good gear in the first place - think about it - its true.

I'll go Yamaha over gb&a any day - even for a budget guitar.

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Rightly said about GB&A.. I never advice anyone to buy them..

I think i analyse enough before buying stuff.. Analyse over three months to just buy one processor.. Finally ended up buying GT8 which all these guys envy.. LOL..

9. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

You guys make lot of sense however i do like to make you look on some things you might ponder upon. I Think GB&a guitars are quite decent for beginners proceeding to intermediate level. Its simple, If i have just started out with guitaring i wont obviously buy a high costing guitars like Yamaha. Dont you agree? Yamaha are quite amazing, their bright brillant sound and wood quality is simply too kewl however a beginner shouldnt be dissappoint with guitars like Granada, GB&a etc...

I believe and i am sure you guys would agree with me too that one should invest his hard earned money to costly guitars once he is quite sure that he has become quite good enuff to play stuff and has decent time to learn more. Does it make sense buying a PRS and playing it once a month since you got no time?

Theres always good, bad and better....What say guys?

10. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Come to think of it.. Beginners should always buy a GOOD guitar.. THats when they have a chance of getting past the BGNNER stage easily..

11. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

ya u were right ,,it lost tuning only cause it was new

12. fictional_real

GB&a guitars playablity features not bad at all for a beginner. I agree that they dont sound good as Yamaha but hello? as a beginner you are learning guitar and you wont sound good would you mr. marty?

For me, its useless to buy a very costly guitar when you are a beginner. I know like 5 guys who gave up playing guitars as beginners. I Thank God they did NOT go for costly ones and got cheap givsons and stuffs!!

A good guitarist can even make bad guitars sound good.

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

A Good guitarist cannot make a GUITAR Play better right?

I've comletely opposite view on this..

14. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

:shock:

Make a guitar sound better- Maybe
    Make a guitar play better- I dont think so!!!(you need to be a luthier for that not a guitarist)

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

What will a luthier do? That will be a new form completely..

16. fictional_real

@hindirox...ha ha...you cant take jokes, can you? i have seen guitarist playing insane with some of the world's crappiest guitars. anyways, Its your perspection ...nevermind.

17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

PLaying is diferent.. Give me a givson i'll still play.. Its a matter of how it sounds..

18. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

thinking about going for a gb&a
    saw one yestetrday
    humbucker 22 frets rosewood standard tremolo for 7k
    has a gr8 crunch

19. ragan

ragan New Member

I have a gb&a accoustic and I wondering what the wood is. Its model is FAW-201. Is this company online? can anyone point me to what is this model made of?

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

^ thats an old thread dude.......