Gb&a:-gud guitar ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by khuddusantana, Jan 12, 2006.

1. khuddusantana

khuddusantana New Member

i wanted to kno wethr buying a Gb&a acoustic guitar woud b a gud buy for 3500/-????is it a gud reputed company ?

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

ya dude,
    go for it as the gb&a is a pretty good brand name and as far as ma opinion is concerned thats one of the finest brand accoustic guitar that u can get for the price u quoted.

so go ahead and grab it. :rock:

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

its a pretty decent deal....take it

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

NO
    Not decent.

Whether acoustic guitar is decent or not can be ascertained only when u hear it.
    It is unlike electric guitar.

And many a times two similar acoustic guitars from same brand will sound different.

b.t.w. your price range is OK; in full probabiltiy, u will get a decent sounding acoustic with that.

5. khuddusantana

khuddusantana New Member

well i shall c if i cn bring it dwn to 3000/- thtll b fair enuff...

6. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i haf an electric and its great>

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

GB&a is the best in that price range. Pick it up.

8. karan_Royal

karan_Royal re-chord

go for the hobner hollow box guitar may be little costly but its one time purchase.

9. khuddusantana

khuddusantana New Member

im goin for the gb&a one tomrw.. thanx people

10. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Consider J&D also

I had set out to buy a GB&A in the same range for a friend and ended up buying a J&D Brothers. It all depends on the piece you play, but I played 2 of each brand and same models, and the J&D was sounding better, the frets and neck had a better feel, so do consider that too.

By the way, GB&A is a brand owned by Bhargavas. Its made by a factory in China, and branded and marketed as GB&A by the Bhargavas. Thats not saying its not a good guitar, it is. In fact, log onto www.alibaba.com and search for guitar manufacturers in mainland China, and you'll know what I'm talking about. I have spoken with those guys, and I have come in contact with the factories that do OE for Kramer, Jackson, OLP etc. They offer the same spec guitars if you want to buy, minus the branding. You can get Floyd Rose, Duncan / EMG/ DiMarzio, gold hardware, the works. Hell, the next time I'm there, I'm going to pick one up for me. A Jackson DK1 OEM with S-S-H stock pups and Floyd Rose is USD 85 only. Check out www.ssmii.com.

PS : Those who don't agree about GB&A being a Bhargavas brand, please call Ashish Bhargava of Bandra store on 9820058480 and confirm. Also, GB&A is a good brand and good value for money!

11. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Buy wat U want>
    wat u feel is good
    the people here(including me)
    just give our opinions>

12. khuddusantana

khuddusantana New Member

hey people... i got a Gb&a guitar today ..... as i said it cost me arnd 3000/-nice price eh ? i kinda bargaind so he cut down the 500 bucks...thanx for ur suggestions the guitar sounds reallly cool...

13. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Very good deal man. Can you tell me the model? Is it the 401?

14. ebe_guitar

ebe_guitar New Member

Hi about GB&a guitars

Hi,

I've tried GB & brothers guitar (is that the one you are refering??). It is not that good technically. Though the finishing and outer appearance is good, I'm no satisfied with it's tone and softness. If your budget is Rs.3500, you can try getting either 'Takamine' (korean company-but you get in Chennai, cochin easily) or 'Granada'. The price of these two guitars are somewhere around Rs.3500.

Have a nice purchase. Let me know if you need more details.

Bye

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

@ebe_guitar--too late.....guess he already made the purchase

@khuddusantana--congrats on ur new guitar...try getting some pictures

16. khuddusantana

khuddusantana New Member

anyways ill try getin some pics ..