Gary Moore!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by alpha1, Jul 24, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I am a fan of his playing. :nw: :nw: :nw: but almost hate his songs. His songs sound like he's a wannabe apeing tons of other bands that existed around that time. But his playing is amazing. He should have just been a guitarist to some good band..And his singing is :mad: :mad: :mad: .

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

He sings decently, much better than Joe Satch.
    And he has been guitarist for Thin Lizzy and Skid Row.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

He sings like a 2000 year old Budda....I know he played for Thin Lizzy...That's where he hit the popularity. Skid Row was some little band that didn't make it big.

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Nice!! I love Gary Moore's playin (havnt listened to too many bands frm that time so cant say if he was apein em or not). U just have to turn down the vol when he starts singin..:mad: ..Guitarists SHOULD NOT sing..:mad: :mad: ... unless u're Clapton ;)

+His tone is just Awesome :band:

BTW.. I thought GM only used LP's...whats he doin with a strat look alike?

6. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

I think he sings decent. There is certainly a lot of feel. This can be said about his playing too. Rigth now I can't stop listening to his closing solo in Parisienne Walk?(Live).

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I have selectively listened to some of his bl00s stuff..amazing..check out his live performance vids with BB King and Albert King..orgasmic jamming going on there..and then there is Parissiene Walkways...dont like his synth dominated band songs though..

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

then why dont you pass that stuff here ?

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I basically have 3-4 vids..all 50MB atleast ..tell me what do I do with that?..I could extract the mp3s though..

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yup mp3s will do :)

bitrate 128-160 kbps.
    Preferably VBR.

11. Judas Priest

Judas Priest New Member

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Umm well I have the whole discography of Moore.

Unfortunately the Thin Lizzy and Skid Row part is still incompllete :(

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I have the vid for Murder in the Skies too, this guy could really rip on the guitar:nw:
    But being a blues fan I like his Blues stuff too.

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

How do you extract mp3s from videos? I've been wanting to do that for ages.

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well technically not mp3s, I use VirtualDUb to extarct the wav and then any converter to convert it to mp3.
    If you are unfamiliar with VirtualDub,just download it, its free and extremely useful.You can encode videos,cut out snippets, join 2 vids and what not with it.
    It will not work for WIndows proprietary codec formats like wmv and asf.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude, you have Audacity (or any software that you use to record you guitar stuff).
    1. You need to record using "Wave" instead of Microphone or line-in. What this will do is to record anythign that goes to your speakers
    2. You definitly dont wanna spoil the rip with some yahoo messenger <<buzz>> etc sounds, hence close em.
    3. Anything you do while recording, like clikcing etc also gets recorded :annoyed: So refrain.
    4. Play the Video in any player you like.
    5. Start recording on your recording software using "Wave".

Ofcourse, this method is most n00bish out of all.
    But, it works.

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Abbe....ye to ekdum kaam chalau types method hai:p:..susceptible to noise, poor speaker quality etc etc
    You got a FREE software which gives you a direct "Save WAV' option, why do you need anything else?
    And you can use Audacity to convert that wav to mp3.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Abay the speakers dont matter here.
    Whatever is the out signal from your soundcard, only that gets recorded. Hence, only your soundcard matters here.

If the free software you are referring to is Virtual Dub, then I can assure you more people will be confused on how to operate it than on how to use Audacity to extract audio.

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

There is a direct option of 'Save WAV' in VirtualDub, how can get anybody get confused with that?
    Editing videos might be a different prospect though.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Haha
    remember people still use other media players. (am talking post MPlayer) :grin: