GarageBand

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by i'm_not_neo, Jan 13, 2008.

1. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

I checked out GarageBand in Mac and I must say its really useful.No way to get it in Windows?Whats the next best thing for Windows then?Mixcraft?

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Mwahahahah.

Sorry, I had to get that in.

Mixcraft is functionally most similar. Maybe Cakewalk or Acid Pro?

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Sorry, I had to get THAT in. *diabolical laughter*

I saw a few screenies of Garageband...looks neat. o.o I've seen Nuendo...it looks just a wee bit better than Blender (which has a GUI which looks as though the creator never used any GUI in his life, and decided to pioneer one XD), imo...But I haven't used it, so can't exactly say.

4. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

I used Acid Pro a long time back,found it to be a bit complicated (esp. compared to GB)..But GB seems to have the simplest interface I used.Simple is good.Will try to get Cakewalk.
    I swear though,I could easily compose a chillout music track on GB in a matter of minutes.Gotta give it credit.

5. ultrabot90

Anything freeware out there? :(

6. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I don't think any freeware of this kind of software is available, in my opinion Cubase SX 3 is the best composing and arranging software and it isn't for free, just search the many torrent sites!!!

7. ultrabot90

Ah. Piracy. Why dont they make something like Audacity Pwn version for multi-track edits?(thats what I believe it is called...?)
    Anyways, thanks Keoraf.

8. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

ya, µTorrent

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

10. ultrabot90

^That's more like it! O.O If it works on Linux...bet it'll work on WinXP. *gulp*
    2 minutes later - Ouch. Will not. Or atleast, I didn't try. But there's no Win32 porting of this. I'd felt like donating to that guy. Too bad I dont have a cred card.

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Oh they're going to have a native OS X version out soon.

12. ultrabot90

Do I need to quote Maddox again -_-