ganguly vs dravid

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mrfreeze, Aug 13, 2005.

1. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

just heard that dravid has been removed from the captaincy.......i think that pretty much sucks........dravid has been treated very unfairly......he's the best batsman in india, and it's not fair to drop him from the captaincy without giving him a chance.

granted that ganguly has a terrific record as a captain, and has those street fighter instincts, but he's out of form and luck both, wonder how long he's gonna survive

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Ganguly sure sucks.

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't think it's unjust because Ganguly's captaincy was never under question. It was just the media creating the hype. He was given the entire series because it would have been unfair of them to have taken the captaincy away the minute Ganguly got permission to play so they made him captain for the entire series so he'd have something to focus on.

And what do you guy's say to Zaheer Khan being dropped from the team? If it was done on grounds of attitude like the papers say, I suppose no one can complain.

4. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

ganguly sucks, dravid rocks......

5. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

ganguly sucks, but dravid roxxxxx :aggre:

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

job sucks, girlfriend doesn't.

7. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

^^^^he eh e

well ganguly sucks big time.....and dravid is a 'cool head on his shoulder'(trying a sidhu heh e)

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

dravid is a gr8 no 3 batsmen.he deserves some chances as well.ganguly can wait till he is bqack in form!

9. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

...:dance:...No doubt that dravid is a very very good player..:)..But we should not underestimate ganguly..;)..He's been a very good captain all the while..:)
    BOTH ROX...:rule:

10. 7miles

7miles ____7miles to success____

well Dravid is a gr8 player ,,,,, no doubt bout tht ,,, but ganguly is a better captain ,

11. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

^^^ BEING good in something is not enough.......one should have a good attitude too

12. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

man ganguly might be a great one day player...but in tests he SUCKS big time...neway..i still think it's unfair for dravid......he does all the dirty work but never gets the credit he deserves

about zaheer....well he is an underperformer and so had to be dropped

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't think there is anyone in Indian or World cricket who underestimates Dravid or does not give him credit.

Rahul Dravid has been my favourite player since 1996 when he made his debut...I faced people's curses and vents and saw him progress to become the player he is today. I, however big a fan I might be, am not blind. I know Sourav is a better captain than him and acknowledge it. It might be unfair for dravid but Indian cricket does not run for Rahul. It runs for the team and the team is what is important.

and to say that Sourav sucks in tests is just ignorant in my opinion.

14. Ankitad

Ankitad New Member

Dravid is the best no doubt bout that, but u should understand that ganguly is the best captain india has ever had, sum of the decisions taken by dravid in sri lanka were really dumb, that can be understood since he's hardly got any experience as a captain. Bout the series in zimb.(bout to start) why did the selectors kick kumble out of the ODI? he did an amazin job in sri lanka!Same thin wid balaji, the selectors said they kicked him out cause of his bad performance in sri lanka, the pour guy only played 1 game there,he's a really good tail-ender wid pathan.The selectors chose shewag as vice-captain,what the hell are these selectors thinkin.Over all,gud luk to the team,rahul's been always the match winner and ganguly the better captain.

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

now..if ganguly hits a hundred..and dravid gets out on a duck..
    im gonna come back to this thread.

16. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

saurav ganguly is the BEST.

17. chirag11kapoor

chirag11kapoor New Member

I think Ganguly is by far the most amazing captain India has ever had.He's not a bad batsman too. Lets not forget he has crossed 10000 runs in one day cricket. One 4 people have achieved it till now.Its a big big thing. We should be more fair to Dada.
    I think having the most brilliant players int the team is not the only important task. How to group them ,how to motivate them, how to manage them is more imp. Ganguly sure knows that. GANGULY IS DAMN AWESOME AS CAPTAIN . HE HAS AN AMAZING SPIRIT AND AMAZING ATTITUDE IN THE FIELD.

18. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

no idea about all this ... They r great frnds and respect each other ... The media is creating hell lotta crap b/w them ... I know they r wise enuf 2 ignore the idiotic medi ... whose sole aim is to make money

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thank Goodness at least some people know that.

20. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Ganguly Rulez

Extremely Responsible Player And Captain. Doesn't Waste His Time In The Field Doing The Stupid Batting. Always At The Pavillion Encouraging Players And Most Importantly Pray God To Save India.