Ganguly Dropped Again!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Dec 14, 2005.

1. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

dude ganguly played badly in the 2nd test.dont go by the score,ud know if ud have seen him bat.
    and as for records,y dont they call back kapil dev then!presently[im talkin abt the last year and a half]ganguly is in terrible form and he got what he deserved

in fact i dont think he shouldve been picked for the second test even!

2. floyd_da_barber

floyd_da_barber New Member

this iz serious bullshit... u can make out hw dirty politics can be.. guyz the 'mumbai lobby' iz acting too strong... this step waz least xpected ... :mad:..
    a person of ganguly's stature shud earn a little bit more respect than this .... aftr all he has a big hand in making this particular motivated indian team...
    i'm damn furious wid wot all has happnd.. :annoyed:

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

and that dravid, as well as yuvraj, harbajan, shewag - all but tendulkar and kumble - they are all spineless.

ganguly used to back them to the hilt and lobby for them when they got a bad deal.

for ex he pulled harbajan out of banishment due to chucking allegations.
    got yuvi back when he was dropped
    nurtured shewag and kaif
    got dravid back into odi team after the match-loser - as he was called - was dropped.
    he even tried to get lax in the world cup odi side.

and now all of them like spineless ungrateful wimps have dumped him and concentrate more on licking chappel's white ass.

4. floyd_da_barber

well said jamhead... n thanx fr supportin gud ol' DADA....:rock:

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Why dont you say that politics is the cause of the tsunami? Politics is the root of all evil right? Dont you hear bengali PEOPLE seriously wanting ganguly to play? I dont think Mumbai is very different. The so called "dirty-politicians" are just repeating what the people said. You cant stop it if the people of Mumbai want more Mumbaiites (made that up) to be in the team.

6. floyd_da_barber

i think wot the bongs r asking for iz just fine... "aftr all its ganguly dude"... itz nt gambhir or kaif we r talkin bout.. wel its also true dat mumbai politicos in da board wud favour ppl frm ther but Dada's dropping frm the team iz insane..:protest:
    dont u really fell dat Gambhir shud hav got the axe....

7. shsnawada

Read post 20. Read post number 25 aswell. To know my opinion. It says things about Gambhir there.

8. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

lets team up n do ******
    u kno wat i mean lol

and i m afraid this way Indian cricket team will face era that our hockey team is goin thru

remember dhanraj`s farewell :( he wass weepin shyt damn systemm

gotta do somethinn

ne1 interested in being 1 day PM :))

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I personally believe that politics is playing a part here though I really doubt that it is one big plot to overthrow Saurav Ganguly. I personally believe that the main reason for including Ganguly in the squad was to ensure that there was no rioting in already notorious Calcutta during the one-dayer. The fact that he was picked as an "allrounder" is what drives my suspicions. Who in his right mind would call him an all-rounder? Once they picked him, they had only to wait for him to do something wrong to chuck him out and Sehwag's illness proved to be a blessing since it gave Yuvraj a platform to perform.

Dude.....no one gives consistent 40-50 run contributions. If someone does, then he is in "form". If something like that worked....players like Aakash Chopra, Sourav Ganguly, Sanjay Bangar would not have been chucked out. It is obvious that the selectors want more.

In that case, VVS Laxman would fit your bill just as well as Ganguly....add to that the fact that he does not even bowl (Ganguly would be useful in seaming England). I agree that great shots and ads do not make a great cricketer but 15,000 runs at International level probably are indicators that he is. If his shots were as predictable as you say they are, don't you reckon that he would have been bunnied a long time ago? I personally find your predictability statement ridiculous.

Again I point out, consistency has everything to do with form. If you look at 30s-40s, you'll find that ganguly has got them quite consistently in the one day format and that too at a run a ball or slightly more. If you're looking for big scores, then consistency is no longer an issue. If you talk about strike rates, judging by the 1st two tests, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Yuvraj Singh would fall below your standards. Ganguly has always been a scorer at a decent pace and given the pressure he was under, his effort was commendable. Do you think he did not know he was close to getting the axe? Did you see his reaction when he got out in the 2nd innings?

Of course he has to work to be in the top few....but then again, not giving him a fair run is hardly the right recipe for a trial.

10. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

GANGULY is the 1 of the Best Player India Ever had...he did't Deserves tht....
    THIS IS JUST BECAUSE OF THT f**kin GREK CHAPAL...India team Coach....:((...
    feel so sorry for Ganguly

11. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yes i saw him bat. and he played better than his score would suggest.

i think ganguly should always play in the odi team whether or not he is the captain and should always be the captain of the test team whether or not he is playing.

now if you the sort of rare indian who ACTUALLY understands cricket, captaincy, and can tell innate talent apart from studious effort, then you'd agre with me. not that i expect you to.

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

lmao!!

i saw how in bangalorru or whatever its called now, people thinking that someshekar is a gavaskar, that srinath is an akram, that kumble is a warne, that prasad is a botham.

to crown it all, they also think that dravid is talented/flambyont !!!!!!!!

want to see a work horse see dravid.
    flambyoant is laxman or azhar. talented is shewag, tendulkar, ganguly, yuvi.

kaif is another strokeless, timingless, dravidesque dude.

13. shsnawada

Well, if they included him for stopping riots, then i completely agree with their decision. But i just dont see the reason why people pour hate of all kinds onto politicians (yeah, human extinct but isnt it time to get rid of this?). I would do the same thing if i were them.
    And the all rounder thing seems ridiculous to me too.

Man, seriously what more can you ask from a batsman? Dhoni seems to deliver as a batsman and thats not including his "big innings" (100+), and also he plays quickly.
    You wouldnt want me to start the rant about VVS Laxman. He is 20 times worse than Ganguly IMO. And any GOOD batsman will score so many runs given the amount of time than Ganguly had. But as a cricketer, where are the singles? Where's the fielding? This is where i would prefer Robin Singh over him (if he wasnt as old as he is). About the predictability thing: if you have a bowler who bowls only on the offside, and 8 fielders on the off side, the run rate with ganguly is bounded to be 4 or lower per over. The same wouldnt happen with Dravid, Tendulkar, Shewag..etc.

Look at this: https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/india/results/default.stm and spot consistency in the ODIs. And the average strike rate of him as far as i know is in the seventies, not a run a ball. Then it would be in the eighties or ninties.
    I didnt say that i wanted hundreds and fifties blown around the place. How did you come up with that? About the 22 out of 115 balls from tendulkar was dissapointing, he's a guy who usually plays much faster. About the 77 off 168 balls, it is definetly below what i expect but not far below. I seriously want atleast a strike rate of 50 or more in a test match (its a personal standard that i built up).
    Thats the difference between an indian inning and an australian one. India usually scores at 2-3 RPO, Australia does that in 3-4 RPO. That makes a lot of difference IMO.
    With all that being said, i should appreciate Ganguly's effort under pressure. I hope that he's as relaible when he's faced by pressure from other countries.
    And i didnt see the reaction when he got out in the 2nd inning.

Definetly he's one of the better batsman but giving a person who scpred a triple ton in national cricket in his third match a chance is a better thing to do, dont you think?
    So, I like the fact that Wasim Jaffer is coming in, but not that Ganguly is going out. It should have been Gambhir or Laxman IMO.

14. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

woah !!!

dude stop writting about cricket.

ball is outside the off stump - you want batsman to play either a square cut or a leg glance - just so that they can be unpredictable????

and whats wrong with being predictable eh??? when gavaskar used to bat, everyone could predict that he'd hit straight drive after straight drive. dont mean they could stop his straight drives from reaching the fence. when ganguly bats everyone knows hes going to pepper the offside of the wagon wheel. but 4 even 5 fielders have more often than not proved to be quite inadequate to stop him.

but you wouldn't understand.

like i said - stop writting about cricket. it only betrays your ignorance.

15. shsnawada

Yeah, i hate that. Thats regional pride but racism and closed minded thinking too. Honestly, i wish that a lot of people from other teams were in the indian one. Unfortunately most of the indians fail to see talent and rather see it as "indian talent", with indian comming before talent.
    And its bengaluru or benda kaal Ooru, whichever you want. I'm a kannadiga (and from two other states too) and i DONT feel anything good about this name.

16. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

wat are the chances of a gambhir, jp raina, suresh yadav, and venu together putting 10000 odi runs and 5000 tests runs between them, by the time they retire??

i dont think rp singh will have the number of odi wickets ganguly had either.

17. shsnawada

I said that because i remember once when India was playing West Indies, and exactly the same thing happened. There were about three maiden overs (or one RPO) in a row (well, alternating; not exactly in a row), where it looked like every shot was heading for a four but headed straight to a fielder. It was so goddamn frustrating that it got stuck in my head and i wrote about it.

18. shak

shak Harrr!

oh you talkin about a cricket team . i thought it was a tall building .. change the title .. i miss you gore ..
    *runs away*

19. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Boy! Do u rem how long Sachin took to score that century in 1996 world cup against newbie Kenya.... It took him ages to move on to 100 from 97 ..... any comments on that ... Or Do u rem only Ganguly's 3 maiden overs???

20. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yes.

if you watched enough cricket you'd know - somedays batsmen just dont get the timing right, some days its the placement that jus refuses to come good.

happens to the best of them.