Ganguly Dropped Again!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Ganguly has been dropped once again from the indian side.....now i think this is politics at its best! He played well in this last test to be able to retain his spot!
    Sharad Pawar...playing Power games....too bad for the indian cricket.... a sad ending to such an glorious career.

I think both Ganguly and BCCI at fault...... :mad: ....its utter disrespect for an amazing cricketer! compare tht to Steve Waughs.....exit....

https://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvsl/content/story/229537.html

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i pity the BCCI....they have no respect for great players...

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Shockingly Gambhi retains his place...

who will go out for Sehwag??

Yuvraj or Laxman??

4. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

this is a total bullsh.it !!!!!

they dropped ganguly !!!!! i can't imagine how they did !!!

Really.. indian cricket is ruled by indian politics..

shame for that...

Fu.ck u Sharad Powar !!!!!

5. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

yaar Ganguly is not in form but He is one of the best plyer of India

6. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

i will rectify that...

Best player of world

7. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

both yuvi laxman in squad...wht's shocking is tht he has not even been placed in the 14 member squad forget abt playing eleven :annoyed:

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, now this is interesting.

9. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

"You'd think that a man who'd led India to 21 Test victories - a record far superior to any other leader - would be granted some respect.His Test career could conceivably be over after the selectors wielded the axe this afternoon, but this was a reprehensible way to farewell a man who has contributed immeasurably to India's emergence as a major cricketing force over the past decade." - ---- words of another writer from cricinfo...sums it all up!!!

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Dude farewell will only happen when Ganguly retires....not when he is dropped :p:

now chill everyone

11. knight_guitar

knight_guitar Lead Guitarist

Ganguly needs few more chance as i said.. lately in some other thread that he is the best timer of the ball and his timming is immaculate, i think i'll rate him better then mark waugh when it comes to timming, paar yaar uske uppar bahut pressure from everyone that he is not performing well sure he was a great captain and the only one i belive who still got killing instinct but right now instead of getting into all these stuff ganguly should use this instinct in his batting , btw i belive he should be in one dayers cause he's a better player in ODI's then too test (he gets little tentative) he needs to play his natural game.

And sharad powar.. can't say anything about him , jagmohan and sharad were school time friends.. he he he.. just kidding but they take similar decision in the end..

12. tejas

tejas ..........

Just not fair...He wasnt really bad, everyone was more or less the same in this test, but they had to drop him. Ahh well....they must have a pretty good reason.

13. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

after scoring about 80 in the test, thats just STUPID.
    i was hoping the'd rather ask ganguly/yuvraj to earn their keep by asking them to open with shewag.. cos ganbhir isnt good.

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Its a case of 'Pawar play'..nobody to save Ganguly now..the selectors who supported him are long gone..just when everything seems to be settling down, board politics rears its ugly head again..

15. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAAAA

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey rabi..long time no c:)

17. can_i_play

can_i_play New Member

I cannt imagine y the hell India wants M.Kaif in the test squad...Ganguly can easily count on a better opener than Gambhir .......
    Its a sound argument to take care for the future but y should dada be axed instead of kaif...or gambhir....

18. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

poor ganguly is getting the yard stick this time !! Politics Politics Politics !! that's all that is

19. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

someone should e-mail this link to sharad pawar..lmao.

20. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

What the hell does politics come here? I hate it when people hook everything that they dislike into politics. Its just the opposite of people saying that god is the reason for all good thats going on. Stop refering everything thats bad to politics. (actually this whole post is in opinion form so no offences). Why did the bus break down? Politics. My boss is so lazy.....politics. etc

About the favourite player thing: ??!!?? What made you say that? Seriously?

I'll be happy if ganguly is replaced by a young guy who is consistent in giving his forty - fifty run contribution as opposed to someone who "shines" when he's in form. I hope the replacement doesnt rely on his "form" to score runs. The indian batting line up minus gambhir works perfectly IMO. I also i think that Gambhir should have taken ganguly's place.

One thing (amongst a lot of them) that i dislike about Ganguly is the predictability of his shots. Thats another reason why doesnt score as many runs as he wants. The running between the wickets could be worlds better than what it is now, same with fielding. Why hasnt anybody said anything about that? Playing great shots and being in 99% of the indian advertisements isnt enough to be a great cricketer.

I seriously hope whoever the replacement guy is, is a good fielder and a consistent guy. The indian batting line up for the ODIs is the current best in the world IMO (again, only an opinion), and theyre not far away from making the best test line up. They just need to take out gambhir and then either make ganguly relaible (if youre making 40 runs, good; but take 100 balls maximum to do that), or throw him out and get a guy who is.

Now if you think that ganguly is EASILY among one of the best indian players, think of how many people havent made it to the international team yet. I think he has to work to be that in india.