G7.1UT, AX1500 or line 6 floor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambush, Jul 15, 2007.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Zoom G7.1UT
    Line 6 floor POD
    Korg AX1500G

which is the better processor,
    the Zoom G7 is little over budget but i can consider if it is recommended highly over the others.

Also are there any alternatives to these from Boss in under 14k.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No alternative.
    Boss ME series sux in tone department.

Floor POD I have heard is not as great as the biggie POD. But I guess tone wise it should be good. Hey I remember someone on this forum bought it. Just scroll down the page to SIMILAR THREADS.

KORG1500 is decent, but no point in buying a brand new, when you can get it 2nd hand.

Anyway since you are planning to spend upto 15K. What exactly are your requirementS?

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

i dont need too many effects just a heavy good for pantera kind of distortion, a good wah chorus delay and flanger

One thing i like about the line 6 is the size, will i be compromising too much tone-wise if i go for it?

I dont care too much big range of effects

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hey got it rite alpha i bought the floorpod.....wellll its not a bad buy indeed..one thing which is good abt the line 6 is that the tone quality is the same if u buy a high end or low end line6....so i recommend u to go for the floorpod...as for the distortion its got tons of them....and once tweak the effects its reall awesome..im planning to record livin on a prayer today so u can check it out...as for the korg the tonal quality is not as good....i would also like to comment on the wah pedal...the pedal rocks man...seriously ive tried wah pedal the crybabys....well this one will not be bad if u compare it wid dem.....awesome processor i must say..would never let u down...i would also like to say that i had two gigs here in ludhiana..each for an hour...and this processor has a line out thinge....which plugged into the pa never compromises on quality....go for it i must say...............

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

How much did you buy it for......and from where??

6. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

3500 from bajaao

7. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

hi...

go for zoom... had all of them...sold the korg actually...and it's not a match for the other two... zoom changes the patches quicker, not a slight delay in that, easier to use and more intuitive...and it's got a tube in it, helps with some of the sounds... I've noticed one thing though...when recording...zoom just instantly gives me more character, these sounds are somehow more alive, while line 6 still sounds somehow synthetic... if you're a pro tools master, it would not make a difference, but for simpler recordings, through like garage band, or something similar, zoom sounds better, period. and the price is quite different. Anyway nothig's as good as a good tube amp, so i'll be going back to my ac-15, 30, voxes...

8. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

oh sorry 13500 but still line6 by ma side...

9. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

hi...

by the way, forgot one thing...zoom has an audio interface built in, so u won't need a sound card (or audio interface) for direct recording. one more, i thought you were thinking of line 6 xt live (the big one). zoom surely beats, floor pod on all aspects...(even the big one). save and go for it. it's worth it

10. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

the xt live is awesome.....zoom is nowhere near it

11. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

12. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

ive got the zoom g7..,.ive had the 1500g and i want an xt live