G&BA Guitars

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by rcazador, Feb 17, 2009.

1. rcazador

rcazador New Member

Are these good acoustic guitars? I'm asking because my friend tells me that Granada, Pluto, and G&BA are poorly built and that physically poor quality. I want to know whether their quality is ok? Also is it necessary to spend enough to get a Yamaha? I'm only beginning to play the guitar.

2. distorted

distorted satan

^depends on yr budget... If u can spend, its alwyz better to get a trusted name... if u cant, den its like picking the best one of those available... U still can get rly gud guitars fr low price, u just need to know abt guitars...
    N yr frend is correct, not 100% thou. there is a difference bw yamaha n GB&A, but nt so much... Its just the chance of guitar being gud (sound n durability) increases with a reputed brand...

3. rcazador

rcazador New Member

Ok what I'm trying to get a Yamaha C40. Is that a good guitar?

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Of the three you mentioned, I found Granada to be better in terms of sound. Neither of the 3 are very good but you have to be realistic. If you're just starting out, spending more than this much on a guitar isn't a great idea because you're not sure how long you're going to continue.

Also, the low end yamahas, in my opinion, are not good and best avoided.

Don't go alone to buy a guitar. Make sure you take someone who knows a fair bit.

5. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

QFT!

I have at least 4 friends who've bought the guitar after consulting me and they're now rusting.