Furtados 'PRS Guitar Night' on 27th Oct @ 6pm sharp

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Demonstealer, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

FURTADOS presents ‘PRS Guitar Night’

Featuring – An in-depth workshop by veteran guitarist Ravi Iyer (Vayu) followed by Live performances by Old Monks and Groovelab.

It’s all happening at B.X Furtado & Sons the music shop in Dhobi Talao opposite Metro Cinema (Marine Lines). It begins at 6pm (sharp) and there is no entry charge.

Apart from all that we are giving away loads of freebies and prizes which includes PRS T-shirts, DVD Videos, Planet Wave’s guitar accessories and FREE concert tickets to ‘This Way’ featuring Skinney Alley and Thermal and a Quarter.

A little bit about the artists:
    Ravi Iyer – He is considered to be one of the best guitar players in the country, a veteran at his craft Ravi has been wielding his axe with his band Vayu as well as in his solo ventures. Ravi recently released a solo album titled ‘Rocking Raga’s’ where he has successfully blended eastern and western music. Also a guitar teacher all his students swear by his phenomenal skills. He will be covering in detail all aspects of the PRS guitars in his workshop as well as showcasing some of his own music and teaching us a few tricks of the trade.

Old Monks – One of the younger Mumbai bands keeping the classic rock flame alive. With their brilliant renditions of classics from legendary bands like Led Zepplin, The Who and Lynrd Skynrd they bring back the good old days of Rock and Roll, but apart from paying tribute to their hero’s these guys write some brilliant music of their own. Their songs like ‘Mujhe Daru Cahiye’ and ‘Rock and then Roll’ are a treat for classic rock lovers. Their demo CD will also be on sale at Furtados on the 27th.

Groovelab – The trio of Ashu (Guitars/Vocals), Melroy (Bass), and Sapna (Drums) make up the new and improved Groovelab. These guys (and girl) no strangers to the rock-circuit, having played in bands like Xenon, Naked Earth, Panic Attack, and The Real Thing. The band plays aggressive funk-rock mixed with progressive elements and complex and hard-hitting bass grooves. Groovelab is inspired by the music of Primus, RHCP, Incubus, Porcupine Tree, RATM, Oysterhead, Toto, Spin Doctors, Larry Graham, Tower of Power, and Bjork, among others.

So be there on the 27th of October, 6pm sharp at Furtados Music to experience and enjoy our PRS Guitar Night.

And don’t forget we are giving away loads of freebies as well; this is one experience you don’t want to miss!!!

Paul Reed Smith, better known as PRS is a high quality brand of guitars used by some of the top artists of the world like Carlos Santana, Dave Navarro and Mark Tremonti(Alter Bridge) among others. It is a brand known for its high quality; it is a guitar most people aspire to own. Furtados is the official distributor for PRS guitars in India.

For more details on PRS Guitars visit www.prsguitars.com

For Details feel free to call 9820643313.

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Groovelab sounds pretty interesting.

Old Monks is apne Dharmatma ka band.

Good thing is I'll be in Mumbai till 29th so will chk it out.

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Sounds awesome..why doesnt this stuff happen in B'lore too:cry1:

4. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

ITG'ans dont miss this gig!!

5. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^^IGTians Sahil,IGTians..........Sigh !!

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I will be there

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I wont be there.

BTW, when are 0ld M0nks coming up with more n00 stuff?

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I will let you know about it.. then Apha. I have been thinking of PRS as am option.....

9. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

old monks? hey...whats up Jared? :p:

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

If they do this time, I'll get the CD.

I hope they have improved their stage presence from last year.