FS: Gibson Les Paul Studio - EMG 81/85

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by blackmamba, Mar 30, 2006.

1. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Hi guys - I'm back and it's that time of the year when I have to thin out my guitar collection to make room for something else :)

This time I'm selling an almost brand new Gibson Les Paul Studio - this is the 2005 Model. The details are:

1. USA Made
    2. Original Grover Tuners
    3. EMG 81/85 Zakk Wylde Active Pickups
    4. Carved Mahogany Top
    5. Mahogany Body

Remember, this is NOT an Epiphone - like the one I sold last time around. This is a Gibson.

Am looking for Rs. 48,000 OBO. I know at the price not many of you will be interested (unless you're a rich kid) - but let's see. Otherwise this guitar will be on display at Bhargava's in Bandra, Mumbai from April 15th - April 22nd. I'd rather sell it here than give Bhargava's 15% of the amount.

Let me know! Pictures are available on request! Email me at blackmamba@guitarfuel.com

Cheers!

Attached Files:

• LP.jpg
      LP.jpg
      File size:
      21.8 KB
      Views:
  2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

hi there ! how u doing ?

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^What the hell was that for?

4. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

lol .. i know him frm last year when i was abt to buy my electric guitar

5. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Hey Nemo...good to hear from you buddy. Hello Disturbed!

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey man, a better place to advertise the gear would be emusic post, gigpad and rsj, where more guitarist frequent.

Am very skeptic if you would find anyone here.

7. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

there's also a seconds corner in bajaao.com, i think u can give them the details too... more places u got better options u'll recieve...

8. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

coincidently, the pic that u've posted is actually Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany without emg's, also, the studio dosent comes in faded cherry, i think u shud correct that and also post real pics coz otherwse its totally misleading...

9. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Mine's the same vintage Mahogany with EMG 81/85s instead of the Burstbuckers. I think I'll leave the guitar with Bharagavas - they're good with selling my guitars. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I can send original pics only to those that are really interested!

10. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

....and here are some pics. It is selling for $900 at Musicians Friend - so am not charging anything extra. Also, the pics are with the Burstbucker Pros - but I WILL change the pickups to EMG 81/85 Zakk Wylde set.

Attached Files:

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Better sell at bhargavas blackmamba. I have been facing people who wanted my Ibanez for 5000 bucks! Nuts!! :)

12. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

For the S Series I got you last time??? Haha - people have the nerve! Wonder what they will offer for the JEM that I am bringing along in a few days...

Bhargavas is good - have sold 6 of my guitars through Ashish and Brijesh. They are good friends!

13. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Does that price include a case also? what kind
    I'm seriously interested, but I'll need about a month to cough up the dough, if you don't mind waiting,

will want to play it of course

I won't complain, but I'm curious as hell. Why would you want to replace BB Pro's??? Personally I'd want to keep them. So my next question. What kind of price might I expect if I were to let you keep the emg's. I don't drive too hard nor do I scoop mid-tones as much as most do, I like pups with character rather than in yer face brute force. I've played a bill lawrence (N4) and loved it, besides the thought of battery operated guitars doesn't sit too well with me. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure EMG makes a great pup, but I'd buy a les paul to 'hear' the wood. Of course I have nooo idea what an emg sounds like in a les paul so I'd have to say let me play it some time. Still I'm leaning towards the BB Pros. Please describe your experience

Looks beautiful btw

Very seriously interested

14. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Thanks for your mail. Actually I'm in India on a business trip only for 9 days out of which am in Mumbai only for 4 days - so its difficult if you're gonna take a month to figure it out - I understand where you're coming from. If you're interested, then I could bring it again in June when I am back again in Mumbai for 1 week.

The BBs are awesome sounding - I put the EMG 81/85 from my GLP Standard and replaced them with the BBs from this Studio - but if you'd be interested I can switch 'em back and sell the EMGs on fleabay later-no issues. I'd have to buy a brand new set of BBs in this case - your price would still remain the same - as BBs actually cost more than EMG 81/85 ZW set.

The guitar does come with a brand new original Gibson Les Paul hard case :)

As for my experience, I have owned LPs now for the last 6 years - have gone through the cycle of owning Ibanez RGs, JEMs (still have 1) etc etc...but LPs are by far the best. I had an Epi LP Custom which I sold last year - very bright sounding. Also, Chad Dwyer who runs the Zakk Wylde BLS website - is a sys admin for my website too - and he is getting me a ZW Epi (not Gibson) custom (bullseye or camo) signed by Zakk - so lets see how that goes - won't sell that though - more like a collection.

15. fictional_real

^^whoa! awesume!!

yeah Blackmamba, i was talking about my S470DX. anyways, I would love to check out your LP when we meet at your home or somewhere though i am convinced that LP wont suit my style (its heavy too :) ). Hey, why you getting Zakk guitar, I didnt knew you happened to be his fan too.

16. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Not a huge fan - just that it's a free guitar :) so why say no? ;)

17. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

June sounds good. Although I still think your price is a bit over the top for a used guitar. $900 is more like INR 40,300, and that's the price for one of these off the shelf. I'd need you to be a bit reasonable. I'm Not rich, or a collector, I just want one good guitar I can grow old with. A GLP with BBs sounds very nice indeed, not to mention this is the first time I've taken a liking to a studio ( They need new pics on the site)

My first electric was a korean LP imitation, not the same but I enjoyed that guitar a lot. I've also played Slash's LP. (the one in the inlay of LIES with signatures on it)I don't gig anymore but may in the future.

So If you're willing to be somewhat reasonable I might press on and make arrangements to relieve you of that load this time round, give me a number

18. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I am a reasonable person - make me an offer - won't hurt. Speak to a few people here especially fictional_reality and deathdoor and they would know of my guitar collection.

The guitar is BRAND NEW i.e. has not seen the light of day - I have only strung it up and repalced the Pups to EMG 81/85 - also brand new with the box etc. Comes with brand new LP case and all the aperwork - i.e. warranty card, tools etc.

Here in California - a brand new one costs $976.50 after taxes = Rs. 43,942. If I am to sell it to you at cost price then that means I am your free courier? The guitar is not a load on me - I'd be happy to keep it - it costs atlest 1/3rd of my other regular guitars so its not really a biggie.

I quoted Rs. 48,000 as it can pay for my troubles of carrying and besides, Bhargavas told me that he will sell it for 55-60k but he keeps 15% so 48k was a fair offer.

I can bring it around in June again - no probs. My schedule is a bit tight in Mumbai this time - only 2 days and if I don't meet - it would mean carrying a lot of weight unnecessarily :) Hope you understand!

Cheers!

19. fictional_real

@tallkien ...If what I would say would even matter 1% to you then i would say honestly blackmamba is more of one of those generous guys around here in IGT rather than just a reasonable guy.

20. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Fair enough.. June then, that'll give me time to save up and maybe even look around

Saw this awesome ibanez rg prestige (japan) in Bhargava's yest but I very decidedly want to stay clear of floating bridges. Nothing against them, they're just very restrictive for me at this point.