Frustrated Guitarists

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by JAZZ, May 20, 2005.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

do u ever get frustrated while playin Guitar.?????
    ...... :eek::
    sometimes u cannot play in the rhythm n get depressed....so trying to break guitar against the wall...... aint so....????
    i remember sometimes i coudnt play the chord n i used to break the strings.....
    n get frustrated..... :dance: :mad:

2. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

LOLZ.. I am unable to play a single song and that's why I keep my guitar away from me.. And not touch it the next 5 days.. hehe..

3. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

ive been teaching a person...hes a absolutely begginer

some times he even plays better than me....so i get even more frustrated....

4. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

teaching a beginner is frustrating

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Yeah, I remember trying to learn alternate picking in Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls first solo. I was continuously playing the wrong string. Got really frustrated that day. But I never thought of breaking my guitar as thats the most precious thing to me.

6. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

u've hit the right anger spot of every guitarist Jazz!!!!We all get angry when our fingers don't obey us!!!:p:

7. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

they obey me
    :p:

8. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

i'm also angry with myself!!! grrr .. hope you guys can help me out .. let me tell my problem .... well i only know chords that are found in the first 4 frets which are A , Am , Bm , C , D , Dn , E , Em , F , G ....... these are the chords that i've mastered .. so can some1 tell me what are the next step of chords that I need to start practicing .. pls be specific .. i really can't play much of the songs here as they tend to be in many other different kinds of chords ....

9. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Try learning power chords and seventh chords. Most songs are based on the chords the chords that you mentioned. If you play metal then try power chords.

10. Seelan

can give me examples of 7th chords ??

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@Seelan...the next step shud be barre chords..than u'll be able to play all major, minor, flat,sharp,etc..etc chords.....most songs(especially Hindi ones) will have chords like C#m and stuff like that..these can be easily played in barre chords....

12. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hi,
    my problem is that i can play want i want to after some time....but i am still frustrated with the same sounds of the accoustic....i get bored.....is there something to do until an elec comes?

13. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

wen i get frustrated i pick up the guitar.....

14. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

Dude...If u r bored with Acoustic buy a electric guitar..u cannot get bored then..
    I mostly Get frustated while playing the "Twist" style...or during the sliding and hammering of the leads..

Chords are easy to learn remember and change
    The most difficult part is to learn to strike properly..thatz the part which is most frustating and irritaing

15. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

some times i get bored with the same tunes i play....i wana get some real good rhythm.....
    but cant get it......get frustrated

anyway,,,,but the guitar is never a boring thing ,doesnt matter how much do u play...u get addicted to it

16. Seelan

ok dude shall learn that but what are the barre chords ? where do i get all of the barre chords ???? do name me the barre chords too .. thaksss :nw: :nw: :nw:

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@Seelan....Barre chords are ones where u use ur index finger to press several or even all six strings at once,or form a barre,coupled with the other fingers forming some shape on the strings.It is just a way of playing chords, as opposed to open chords that u must have been playing till now.
    Check out the Begininers QnA forum..u will definitely find some tutorial on it..and u can always google for it....

18. Taifi

Taifi New Member

i do get frustrated with my guitar but not very often...

JAZZ likes this.
  19. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

i get frsutrated when i jsut cant reach a speed of over 140 on chromatics...

it happends - some days i jsut cant paly fast...

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

that hhappens to me wen im playing big time.