Found a flaw in the vypyr 75

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ayu135, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I have been testing the Peavey Vypyr 75 for any possible flaws, though it seems almost perfect i found one thing which bugs, there are some sustain issues with this amp, when you let a note ring out it dies abruptly midway and not slowly the culprit i have come to know is the noise gate, it is the one cutting out out the sustained notes. There is no fix as of now. This is the only flaw i have found till now. Apart from this issue the amp is super. No major qualms as such. Will keep you guys posted if i find anything else worth mentioning.

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

thanks for sharing the flaws of vypyr...what is patent sponge technology?

3. Sumanovo razor

did you use the usb output...hows the quality?

4. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

The same happens with my ME-25 also, the noise gate is pathetic on the ME 25, not sure if anyone else has seen this.

5. Sumanovo razor

i think reducing noise gate is possible in processors...

6. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Yes, but that makes it really noisy, and most notes do not sound good.

7. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

I've never had this problem ever on my vypyr 15. It just slowly fades away, it doesn't die just like that.. Hmm. But one thing I've noticed is that the amps on the vypyr 15(excluding the EVH 6505) has poor sustain. Even the dual rec. But with the tube screamer, its pretty awesome. Don't know what I would've done with my vypyr if there wasn't a tube screamer!

8. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I was using the JSX when i noticed this, i was trying to play flying in a blue dream, the sustain wasnt there, like the note sustained out for 3-4 seconds max. And yeah you are right the 6505 on the red channel sustains well, add the compressor to the mix and the sustain is good. But it is strange why only the 6505 should have good sustain, Yeah but if you add the tube screamer to the Rec on the red channel it gets muddy.

9. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Parameter one should be zero.. That is the tone, and gain should be full. My setting is pretty sweet. I always use tube screamer even for my slash tone (lol) because there isnt much gain without it.