Formula 1 2006 - Bahrain GP

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Asmodeus, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Just got of the qualifying session for the first GP of the year...
    GUESS WHO'RE BACK???

It's a Ferrari 1-2 with Michael Schmacher at pole position, Felipe Massa at no.2

BTW, Honda's come in next, with Alonso at 4, Barrichello at 5...

Hey, really exciting new format they have for qualifying
    It was great to see the tyre changes back...

Man, this one's gonna be a killer...

2. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Yeah man, I'm really excited!!! Schumi on pole, Massa second!! I didn't expect Massa to do so well on his first time in Ferrari. Tyre changes sure have made an impact. Raikkonen's last due to suspension failure (as was expected).

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Oh well, McLaren is as always the team that ****s up in the end...
    I still remember the race where Hakkinen's car stopped just metres away from the finish line...

Man, that was sweet...

4. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

FERRARI 's back!!yeahhh!!so is schumi!ferrari gonna win this time man!!
    GO FERRARI!!!!

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

yep watched the qualifiers was tired n it was b4 the chelsea vs spurs match

btw alonso wasnt 6th or 8th??????(i forgot his rank)

schumi did really well today lets hope the old ferrrari reign is back ;)

6. mr singh

mr singh New Member

lol... i h8 mclaren aswell, i ws sooo happy wen that happened, i rememba that day :)
    hopefully ferrari will return to their dominant form experienced a couple of seasons back.
    although, 2 b honest it got kinda borin wit ferrari winnin everything, so i do want a bit of competition, lol ;)

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i luv ferrari!
    they are back
    BEWARE other teams

8. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

i hope Narain gets to race too...anyway iam gonna support Kimi this year.

9. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

^^^Narain has no chance of racing dude!!

10. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

I know dude....the only possibility is if Mark Webber,N Rosberg and A Wurz somehow fall sick leaving only Narain for Williams.
    anyway even i dnt expect to see him this year.

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm...
    I always thought that Narain would in fact be racing this year too, but hey, I'm not denying that it ain't good for him to be a test driver. If he clocks in good times anyways, he is sure enough to be considered for at least the third car position from different teams...

Coming back to topic...
    I echo Chris' comments = It's weird to see a yellow helmet in a Ferrari

Also, man, ain't the STR's sweet looking? I also found the new BMW-Saubers very dull, as in man, I loved the look of the earlier Sauber Petronas series.

BTW, Honda's looking damn impressive! Go Barrichello!

Renaults are looking good too...

12. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

• 1 Michael Schumacher (Germany,Ferrari)
    • Ferrari 248F1 056 V8 - Bridgestone 1' 31'' 431
    • 2 Felipe Massa (Brazil,Ferrari)
    • Ferrari 248F1 056 V8 - Bridgestone + 47
    • 3 Jenson Button (England,Honda)
    • Honda RA106 RA806E V8 - Michelin + 118
    • 4 Fernando Alonso (Spain,Renault)
    • Renault R26 RS26 V8 - Michelin + 271
    • 5 Juan Pablo Montoya (Colombia,McLaren)
    • McLaren MP4/21 Mercedes FO108S V8 - Michelin + 733
    • 6 Rubens Barrichello (Brazil,Honda)
    • Honda RA106 RA806E V8 - Michelin + 1'' 148
    • 7 Mark Webber (Australia,Williams)
    • Williams FW28 Cosworth CA2006 V8 - Bridgestone + 1'' 575
    • 8 Christian Klien (Austria,Red Bull)
    • RedBull RB2 Ferrari 056 V8 - Michelin + 1'' 681

13. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Well, I didn't expect Massa to match Schumacher's times, and I was really surprised there. Though maybe the Renaults and the Honda will be having a heavier fuel load. Even Schumi said he didn't expect to be on the front row.

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Well, Schumi probably knows what to say and what not to... it's called mind games...

Well, I expect Ferrari to be on a 2 stop strategy, maybe even 3 cuz of them Bridgestone tyres. Now that tyre changing is allowed, it obviously is better for shorter runs with Bridgestones. Michelins are better on longer runs. So maybe Renault will go in for a 1 stop strategy, but I don't see that happening because of the new V8 engines which will require refuelling more, unless of course there's the big tank...

Man, I'm excited for this one...

15. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

well...ferrari got thrashed last year and it seems like a new breath of life for them ..but dont think schumi still has what it takes to win a race ..maybe to get pole ..but winning a race is a completely diffrent thing ...i think his age is finally gettin up to him ...but good to see he has the chance to finally win a "real" GP after that joke of a race in indiapolis last season !!!

not bad at all from the young lad..filippa massa ..actually never expected Ferrari to swap barrichello !!..i mean he drove brilliantly last year considerin they had a stupid car ..

but kimi is my man !!!

16. rohit

rohit New Member

kimi raikkonen has been unlucky for the last two season his car let him down .he made a nice comeback in last year.this time he is going to win!!!!kimi all the way!!!!!!!

17. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

just wait and see for yourself what schumi is capable of this year. i can bet he will win this year also

18. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

last year was just a bad patch for ferrari.

19. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

the qualifying race is kinda messy following implementation of new wierd rules...

Ferrari was too good...massa really impressed me.

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Oh well... just got of the race...

Man, am indeed upset... MSC came in 2nd after Alonso...
    Shit, Renault won it cuz of their (have to admit it) superb pit-stop strategy. That for me had to be the turning point of the race. But what a race it was. Certainly took me back to the year when MSC battled with Villeneuve for the title, and I do hope that this season turns out that way.

On the other side, damn, that newbie Rossberg is pretty aggressive and good. Really enjoyed his performance. Dampner of the evening had to be Massa's unfortunate pit stop. Ferrari should be ashamed of themselves there. This tied in with the fact that Barrichello could've had a much better race brought me down a bit...

Other high points would inlcude Villeneuve running from his car, the whole Super Aguri pit stop goof-ups and of course, lovely driving by the Red Bulls, STRs, Hondas and the BMW Saubers. Man, this is the first time I'm actually devoting more time to the 2 & 3rd category cars...

Overall, a real good race, this one. Almost perfect start to the season for me. Would've been perfect if MSC would've taken pole podium...

Hope Malaysia is equally exciting but more fulfilling.