Forgotten Gem Of Black Sabbath

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ronnieanand, Nov 17, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I am gonna write about a vocalist of Black Sabbath pretty unknown to other than Bootleg collecters.

After Glen Hughes quit the band following the release of Seventh Star, Tony Iommi hired the vocal talents of Ray Gillen. This band did a few gigs and also recorded the Demo version of Eternal Idol. When Eternal Idol was release it was considered to be the Biggest Hit album of Black Sabbath. On Live they played all the songs from to be release Eternal Idol album and also the old Sabbath numbers from Ozzy and Dio era.
    Before the album Eternal Idol could be recorded for the production purposes, Ray Gillen quit Black Sabbath and ironically teamed up Ozzy's ex-guitarist Jake E Lee and ex-Black Sabbath Drummer Eric Singer to form Bandlands.

Ray Gillen in voice sounds like he is born to Robert Plant's pop and Ian Gillan's mom. I recent heard him sing with Black Sabbath "Heaven and Hell". Originally sung by Ronnie James Dio for Black Sabbath in their Heaven and Hell album. He has done an absolutely mind blowing performance. Hearing to the other of the Bootlegs of that era, kinda clearly says that he was Best Voice Black Sabbath ever had. Unfortunately no commercial recordings from this great era. When Eternal Idol was released, the vocalist was Tony Martin who again had a phenomenal voice. But this album could have been much better had Ray Gillen sang for them. Heck, the Demo album sounds much better than the actual one.

For guys who use eMule or similar stuffs, plz download all the Ray Gillen era Black Sabbath.

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

oh yeah ... i know about him thru badlands ... :)

too bad Badlands didnt turn up much albums ...

b.t.w. except Oz - all the Black Sabbath singers sound almost same to me :think: i mean all of them have similar voice ...

3. ronnieanand

Terry Walker
    Dio
    Ian Gillan
    Glen Hughes
    Ray Gillan
    Tony Martin

all sound the same :mad: :mad: . Your ears are worser than mine :shock: .

Ray Gillen and Tony Martin have a bit of similarities. Ray Gillen also has a bit of Dio and Ian Gillan in his voice. Glen Hughes sounds like shit for rock numbers. Dio is GOD.

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:boxed:
    ok ... what i meant was their singin style is similar ... i will give ya a demo later of what i mean ...

ozz had diff singing style ...

ofcourse all of them have diff voice ... :aggre:

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

i have heard him...not much

is he he dude who died because of AIDS?????

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey ronnie why not ... Robert Plant's mom and Ian Gillan's pop !

7. ronnieanand

Yep. Same guy who died of complications resulting from AIDS.

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ronnie..not to worry..super downloader nebu is on the case:p: :dance: :cool: ..downloading Eternal Idol demo and complete Ray Gillen years now..delivery in a few days:rock: :rock:

9. ronnieanand

Download GOD :nw: :nw: :nw:

10. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

hey nebu maybe we can trade our stuffs .. I have some 140 GB of stuffs ... So pm me about where u live ...

11. ronnieanand

He's got materials which will take another years to collect ;)

12. jekyll

jekyll Banned

WHOA! talk about music piracy ,...

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Me started collecting stuffs only few months ago:eek:::eek::...in between no Net for 2 months:cry1:..nowhere near 140GB level.(Nanda:nw::nw:)..infact most of my time is spent looking for stuff to download(not just music)..rather than playing:eek:::eek::

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey dude ... pm me ur ph .. i wud like to meet u ... And ask about few stuffs which i dont have ...
    Eg. Nickelback - Hesher ..
    Pearl Jam - Vitalogy , Riot Act ...
    Testament - The Legacy , The New Order, Return To The Apocalyptic City [EP]
    etc ...

15. ronnieanand

Nanda. He is the same guy from IIT who came to the jam room the other day. Remember that thin dude with the PRS guitar.

16. jekyll

jekyll Banned

whoa i can easily imagine u referring to me in similar vein ...

... atleast make a mention like he sucked playing Malmsteen's "Deja Vu"
    and was god while playing "Tujhe dekha to ye janaa sanam" ...

LMAO

17. ronnieanand

Well the whole IIT looks like that :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: . Thin skinny guys who lost all their childhood and got lost with text books all the life. Saw TV for the first time in their Hostel. Started looking at chicks in their first jobs 'cos IITs always had poor chicks.

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

THIN :shock: :shock:

maybe those days u were thin...:p:

man i remember college days even i had a flat tummy

19. jekyll

jekyll Banned

yeah

u are very correct ...

very accurate ... :cry1:

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well..I am, like, super-duper thin..2-D plane figure:p:..easily the thinnest guy in my Hostel....add to that my super-geeky super-power glasses:cry1:..deadly combination:dance:(whoever sees me is likely to die of shock :RollLol::RollLol: )

@Ronnie...wish I could say you are wrog but u aint:cry1:
    @Nanda..I hardly have stuff of any interest to you..for starters, none of the stuff you mentioned..not much overall too...sorry..as I said got into this very recently...