For The Love of God (intro) - Steve Vai

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Seelan, May 21, 2005.

1. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

Ok I'm gonna post the tabs for 'For The Love of God' by the one and only Steve Vai , a guitarist whom I think is probably the best!!! This is only the intro (maybe just the first few parts of the intro , i'll try posting the full one if you guys like this piece of tab and when i've mastered the whole song) :dance:

well again , this tabs are made after I tried modifying others tabs to suit my style of playing and I believe this shld sound much the same and much easier to play . And once again , you gotta listen to the song for the timing ... Enjoy peepz :beer:

Feedback and comments for this following tabs is much appreciated :rock:

note:
    10s12* = This * means hold that 12th note , in other words , (12) . Lol , just made things complicated to some and easier to some . so here it goes ...

Code:
    e|-------------------------12-10-7----------10-----|
    B|----------10--10s12*-------------8-8s12------10--|
    G|-------7-----------------------------------------|
    D|---7s9-------------------------------------------|
    A|-------------------------------------------------|
    E|-------------------------------------------------|

e|--12-10-7-----------------------------------------|
    B|----------8-8s12--12-12-12s10-10---5s8--7---------|
    G|------------------------------------------9--7s9--|
    D|--------------------------------------------------|
    A|--------------------------------------------------|
    E|--------------------------------------------------|

2. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

real love of God

Hi brother, i m also a big fan of Steve Vai, and For THe LOve Of God is the coolest instrymental by vai, i m also mastering it, but the tabs u showed are good , i also play like this, instead 10--15 u uesd 10 10 , i know what im talking, but sound great, man if u like to know the tab of any steve vai song i can provide it i have almosyt all, ai also have the tabs of steves new album, feel free if u wnat, but i like that u complete the tabs of 4 the love of God

KEEP IT UP MAN INSTRUMENTAL ROCK IS GREAT,(sorry 4 those who like the girl chasing music)

3. Seelan

yeah thanks bro .. pls do post in all the steve vai tabs you know of and may I know what his new album's name ?? i can't seem to get hold of his new releases here coz there seem to be no news about him in here .. mtv is also more into those hip hop stuffs and other kind of rock bands ... and yeah i shall try to post in the complete version of For The Love of God asap cause now i'm bz with my sch work ...

cheers :beer:

4. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

real illusions reflections

hi, the name of new album of steve vai is Real illusions reflection, and it is out about 3 months ago, but i must say it is must to listen, so................................................................... go and get it :rockon:

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

try this ......aint my work tho :)
    Code:

E||---------------------------|----------------------|----------12/-10--7-----|
    B||---------------------10----|--10h12---------------|---------------------8--|
    G||----------------7----------|----------------------|------------------------|
    D||--------7/-9---------------|----------------------|------------------------|
    A||---------------------------|----------------------|------------------------|
    E||---------------------------|----------------------|------------------------|

--------------------------|-----------------------------|----------------------|
    --10/-12------15h-10------|------10---------------10----|--10/12---------------|
    --------------------------|------------------7----------|----------------------|
    --------------------------|----------7/-9---------------|----------------------|
    --------------------------|-----------------------------|----------------------|

----------12/-10--7-----|--------------------------|
    ---------------------8--|--10/-12------15h-10------|
    ------------------------|--------------------------|

-----------------------------|----------------------|----------12/-10--7-----|
    ------10---------------10----|--10/12---------------|---------------------8--|
    ------------------7----------|----------------------|------------------------|
    ----------7/-9---------------|----------------------|------------------------|
    -----------------------------|----------------------|------------------------|
    -----------------------------|----------------------|------------------------|

--------------------------|----------12/-10--7-----|
    --10/-12------15h-10------|---------------------8--|
    --------------------------|------------------------|

------------------------------|-------------------------|--------------------|
    --10/12-----12--12/-10--10----|------10--5/-8----7------|--------------------|
    ------------------------------|--------------------9-7--|--7h9---------------|

Seelan likes this.
  6. acidice9

acidice9 New Member

To all Vai fans

I've got a version transcribed by Dave K, TG mag's author. Can send copies through mail. And many more tabs. Please tell me how to attach PDF file.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      174.4 KB
      Views:
  7. acidice9

acidice9 New Member

Attachment space is too little. I'll ty my best to complete the entire files. For the Love of God.

8. acidice9

acidice9 New Member

Ello, all fans of Vai. I can't attach the entire Tabs-For the Love of God. so let me know any other way to attach the entire tabs.

9. Seelan

break it up into few posts ..

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

So what are you trying to say? Is music divided into 2 categories....i.e.-Instrumental rock and "girl chasing music" ?

To call music(yes, even pop) "girl-chasing" is rather ridiculous since it's an expression. In what other way can you express love....(perhaps not something as deep as love, but perhaps a crush) except in a simple groovy pop song? You can touch different emotions and while I don't usually listen to pop, I can certainly respect someone who does unlike, sadly, so many elitist musicians.

I'm not trying to attack you...just ask yourself why you said what you did and tell me why you feel the way you feel.

and honestly, please stop with the positive and negative rep points....I don't think too many people care. I initially liked coming here but seeing people give me negative points for trying to start a discussion like this one or "demanding" rep points in exchange for tabs seems to have put me off.

11. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

hi emotional man, fine u want the difference, firstly music in any form touchs the emotions, no matter it is jazz pop, rock or even grunge, music is all about emotions, but there r many ways to express what u want, as some one said there r so many ways to get what u want i use the rest i choose the best i choose anarchy, well one of the better expect of instrumental music is no matter what ur desires r, it mould ur feeling what u want, and one of the greatest thing of instrumental rock is it is wordless music to express ur feelings, u donot have to say something but the magic spells, while in case of the girl chasing music, it is respecr worthy coz it is enjoyed by lots of ....................(its classified). but every person has its own ideas, emotions or any thing else but i m neither criticing others feelings, but anyways what is ur fav girl chasing song,...................................................................................................................

ENJOY WHAT U WANT :rockon:

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

First of all, I'm not really an "emotionally expressive person"....but lets allow that to slide.

Secondly, stop calling it girl chasing music.....simply because it's not. And I don't know whether you intend to but putting such a huge volume of music into this new girl-chasing category(which Id never heard of) is simply stupid. Why do you call it girl chasing music anyway.

Let's pretend that this new category of music called girl-chasing music exists...and lets see what music you've put under it. How would you define this category anyway? I assume you'd define it by saying that any music which you might play to impress girls would fall into this category or perhaps any music that girls enjoy?

Since you've conveniently classified music into instrumental rock and girl-chasing music, pretty much any song with vocals falls into the second category? In that case, whether you like it or not, you are criticizing other peoples tastes and feelings when you call it girl chasing music.

And if all other music is girl chasing music, why then would instrumental rock not be girl chasing music? Do girls not listen to Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Jhonson or Yngwie Malmsteen? If you think not, sorry to burst your bubbles. I had a couple of sweet 13 year olds headbanging at the Satriani concert right beside me, standing on a chair. I even know a couple of metalheads....who are rather scary but thats a different story.

Good music knows no gender. It is played by everyone, enjoyed by everyone. Defining music by its appeal to girls is a rather chauvinistic, not to mention stupid thing to do.

To list my favourite songs would be a task I am not upto simply because there are too many and the ones I leave out will have grave injustice dealt to them.

Don't get me wrong, I love Instrumental Rock. I, personally, dont see a barrier between the two worlds you've divided your music into.