For Sale: A Resophonic Guitar (Brass body, Style O) with Hard-Shell case

Discussion in 'Buy - Sell Used Musical Instruments' started by fibrebundle, Oct 31, 2011.

1. fibrebundle

fibrebundle New Member

Hi,
    I wish to sell a Resophonic Guitar. It is a brass body, Single Cone 'Style O' Resophonic Guitar, manufactured by a company called Republic Guitars, based in Texas, U.S. I am selling for
    Rs. 25,000 (price not negotiable) . It has a single 'resonator' (a spun Aluminium cone) inside. The Style O (and its steel body cousins) have been around since 1920s and have been the instruments of choice for blues players. However, this instrument caught public imagination when it was featured on the cover of Dire Straits' album 'Brothers in Arms'. Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits has played a Style O resophonic guitar (made by company 'National Resophonic') on the track 'Romeo and Juliet', and on other songs .
    Resophonic guitars are great for bottleneck playing (slide playing with a bottle neck in regular position, NOT with the guitar held on the lap). However, they sound just as wonderful when played fretted (as Knopfler plays it).
    Resophonic guitars are sought after for their BIG natural volume (they are naturally about four to five times as loud as a normal acoustic guitar), great sustain and resonance, natural reverb, and their characterstic bluesy tone. They are played (or have been played) by just about all blues greats, including Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Rory Gallagher, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Johnny Winter, Duane Allman, and many others.
    I bought this guitar from Republic Guitars (imported it) about three years back for about 680 $ plus 100 $ (for the hardshell case) plus shipping and custom duty. In all, I paid more than Rs. 50,000 for it. The guitar has a brass body with a shiny Nickel plated finish, with a Hawaiian Scene with palm trees sandblasted on the surface. It sounds great, and is in mint condition, except for just one small sweat stain on the front surface (which is inevitable when skin meets brass).
    Here are a few pictures of the guitar, along with hardshell case.

IMG_0812.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0805.jpg

Here is a link to a short demo that I recorded (with no special equipment, just my Cellphone camera). The demo should give you an idea about the tone, dynamic range, and volume of the guitar. No equipment has been used for amplification, these are just naturally very loud instruments.
    In the demo, I am playing bottleneck style (with a real wine bottle neck). In the same demo, I am also occasionally playing the guitar fretted, without the slide You should be able to make out from the sound where that happens..

Singe Cone Resophonic Guitar (Republic) for Sale (only in India) - YouTube

To find more about Republic resophonic guitars, just do a Youtube search, and you will know how popular these instruments are in the U.S. They are arguably the best selling Resophonic guitars in the U.S. at the moment.

If you are interested in the guitar, I could throw in a free slide (manufactured by Dunlop) and a set of three instruction DVDs by master slide guitarist Bob Brozman to get you started (if you are new to these instruments). I could also give you a free lesson to get you started.
    Abhinav Gupta
    Q-22 (Jaipuria), Ground floor
    Model Town-1
    Delhi-110009.
    Ph: 9811383526
    email: fibrebundle@gmail.com

2. fibrebundle

fibrebundle New Member

Sold!!!! Gone. If I wish to delete this thread, what do I do?

3. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

hey man this is not done...everytime i see your thread ...the last comment of yours would be ...the guitar is sold or something like that ;(...and btw you should have kept your martin's rate a bit higher ...they do have a good resale value perhaps...45k