For Piracy MPAA free to search and seize property in Delhi using general warrants ??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Aug 31, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

i am totally against piracy
    but the MPA should consider the root causes for the piracy instead of takin undue advantage of loopholes in international laws ..
    how about ... giving license to the pirates themselves ... and asking them for a small share in their earnings .. that way the company will make some money ..and the software thus produced wont be illegal as well ...
    its better than putting up a dedicated cd churning plants in south asia to cope with the software demands by the ever growing IT industry and personal computer users!
    you cant stop them from makin pirated cd's ..adn you cant stop the consumers from buying them .. even here in UK ... piracy is on the rise ..well if it is india/pakistan .. its understandable ..people cant afford .. but what the excuse for brits? .... i dunno ... its just human phsyche i guess ....always go for the cheapest option ...

2. shak

shak Harrr!

but what can be done to stop them and make your voice heard? can you make your way thru south east asian political hierarchy and actually do something other than being dictated ..i dun think so.....

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Even a cheaper method than piracy is stealing....why don't you steal CD's? You wont....because there is a fear of being caught. It is that fear of being caught that stops you from stealing....which needs to be instilled to stop piracy. As for albums not being available, that is a lame excuse because you can get them online if your love for music is that deep.

I also use pirated stuff but there is no way in hell that I can defend myself for doing that. I know what I do is wrong and will continue to do so as long as there isnt a fear of getting caught.

However, thats not the point. Neo is right...it is a general lack of awareness of our civil rights that leads to laws like these being accepted.

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^ agree ...
    but now that u are aware ... what will be the steps?

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Send this info to as many people as I can. Ask them to send it to as many people as they can.

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmmm ...

well to tell ya the truth ...
    i said in earlier post that in India we have priamrily two types of ppl :