For novices - Tune Your Guitar Now!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by vini, Mar 9, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i believe all the people who r learning guitar even from a year cant tune their guitar..its generally due to lack of ear training or.. no available help/source...

m learning guitar from only 7 months..but i was able 2 tune my guitar fairly well..how?

check out > https://www.8notes.com/guitar_tuner/default.asp?sstring=a

itL give u the exact note of the string and u can match up with a bit of concentration..dont ask how..ofcourse through the keys...the 6 tuning keys

start from E the top string and then go down..by pressing 5th fret..itL be equal to the next string open..except fot the 3rd string(g) u have to press 4th fret which wud be equal to open B string...but only after tuning...

yikes,,...hope i havent confused the novices in my effort 2 help..hope it helps u guys.. it helped me a lot..otherwise i had 2 wait till my guitar class..when my Sir tunes my guitar!! :p:

Ciao

"**** Happens..Life Goes on!"

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i still use the classic do re mi technique and works fine for me ...

there are many ways and methods of tuning ur guitar , depends upon individuals , which one they prefer ..

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

whats the do re mi fa so...technique???
    :D

4. bob-bobby

5. bob-bobby

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I use relative tuning to tune my guitar, works for me always, it's fairly accurate.

7. Liquid

Liquid New Member

i just try to play a few songs...and then tune according to that...

like yesterday...i was tuning a friends guitar...and i just played main hoon na....to try to get it sounding a bit right....then i like played the pehla nasha intro....which set the g string right as well....and then i just play like the C scale and try to make em sound right...

8. bob-bobby

well thats a nice one too , if you know the perfect tab of a song on a tuned guitar ...

9. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

relative tuning is cool. but sometimes, when you are singing along, and the guitar is in tune with itself but not in correct pitch, there might be problems. so a pitch pipe is handy.

10. deadman2115

deadman2115 New Member

hi friends

thanks tejas for ur help
    keep enjoing :rockon: